My Fitness Pal syncing with my Fitbit

Options
Just got my first Fitbit and a friend told me that I can sync My Fitness Pal with the Fitbit but when I looked in MFP, they didn't have a Curves workout listed in the exercises. Anyone know about this?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    When you sync your Fitbit, you aren't going to see specific exercises come over from your Fitbit to MFP. You'll see a calorie adjustment.
  • Amerek412
    Amerek412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You sync your fitbit to tell MFP how many steps you get per day.
  • CynKitty9
    CynKitty9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit is not syncing today
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Is Bluetooth on?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    LKBruneau wrote: »
    Just got my first Fitbit and a friend told me that I can sync My Fitness Pal with the Fitbit but when I looked in MFP, they didn't have a Curves workout listed in the exercises. Anyone know about this?

Sure they do - Curves Circuit Training. Just search for Curves.

Now - that actually is the type of workout to manually log since by HR is not accurate, and by steps calorie burn really isn't accurate, on an activity tracker.

Normally the Fitbit database is better the way they calculate calorie burn, so any workouts like lifting would be better logged there.

But - they don't have Curves listed, and their Circuit training entry, just like MFP's, is much higher than Curves is.

So MFP actually did a solid and didn't just create a different name for existing entry - they looked up the info and got a new one entered.

Alright MFP - way to be a Fitness Pal!

Just in case you are under impression all workouts should be logged on MFP (or even Fitbit) - no. Only the lifting is needed for better accuracy - Weights, Circuit, calisthenics.

Just let Fitbit doing your cardio. Just make a wall post about it for friends list to see.