100 calorie snack suggestions please

Options

Replies

• justjara123
    justjara123 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Most of my snacks are between 100-300 but some things I eat that should be within that range if you get your proportions right:
    - Small bananas
    - Medium sized apples
    - Crackers
    - Tofu and low-sodium soy sauce/sriracha
    - Popcorn
    - Egg whites with some cheese

Best of luck! I love snacking so I reduce servings in my 'traditional' meals to make room for a morning and afternoon snack.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Ants on a Log: a celery stalk cut into thirds, tbsp of peanut butter, and some raisins
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My afternoon snack is typically an apple and peanut butter...but that's more like 300 calories.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% with fruit--120-130 cal,
    Raw cauliflower/carrots with a serving of hummus--80 to 150 depending on the hummus, banana--can range from 70 to 130 cal, boiled egg--75 cal, half of a protein or trail mix bar--100-ish cal

I tend to have 2 or 3 of these as my midday snack. Sometimes one will do, but it depends on the day, and where I'm at in my cycle!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I agree with those suggesting hard-boiled eggs! Great balance of fat and protein and more filling than many other snack options.

Some of my faves:

- Unsweetened applesauce
    - Fresh piece of fruit (apple slices with PB2, yum!)
    - Eggs, eggs, all the eggs!
    - A slice of cheese and a few almonds
    - Some slices of deli turkey breast
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Blue Bell No Sugar Added ice cream, 4 oz, 90 calories.
    Yasso Frozen Yogurt, 1 bar, 100 calories.

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your definition of processed is, but my favorite snacks are:
    -Jerky of some variety
    -Some mixed nuts
    -A greek yogurt
    -string cheese
    -any kind of fresh veggie slices with some hummus or salsa
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto but i love string cheese, individual packs of pistachios and/or almonds, or veg and ranch dip.
  • CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lately my afternoon snack has been 1 stick of weight watchers jalapeno string cheese and a small can of low sodium v-8. Only 85 calories and a good source of nutrients.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Piller's Turkey bites, or other low calorie pepperoni style sausages (50 cal per sausage)
    Babybel cheeses (the low-calorie ones are 50 calories apiece)
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I allocate myself 200 calories for snacked/nibbbles in case I don’t feel I can get to the next meal without something so this is what I normally have:

Tea and coffee-can work at filling me up a bit
    An apple
    Bunch of grapes
    Antipasto meats like a slice of prosciutto ham, salami etc (one slice about 35 cals)
    Low fat popcorn
    A lotus biscuit or 2 (38 cals)
    Ice pop (cola flavoured ‘jubbly’ on 27cals)
    Low fat bag of crisps

I try not to snack if I can help it though. I struggle not to snack on the weekends when I don’t have work to keep me busy but during the week, I’ve found low carb/high protein fills me up nicely.

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    almonds, raisins, yogart, half a avocado - slice of cheese - hummus.pretzal rods yeah...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The majority of my diet is healthy and nutritious. This is an improvement for me. So I'm not aiming for "perfection" because that's not a realistic life long goal.

Popcorn - I use a microwave popper, a bit of oil and Kernel Seasonings popcorn toppings. Lots of different options.

Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares, or a small candy bar like Snicker's.

Fage with fruit topping.....so good.
  • HealthyTardis
    HealthyTardis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn, string cheese, light yoplait yogurt
  • UncaToddly
    UncaToddly Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We buy the Chinese BBQ Pork from Costco and I slice it up into 56g portions and put it in these nice snack sized ziplock bags. Easy to grab and go and remember how much it was since they are all 56g/2oz portions (give or take 1-2g). Each bag is 97cal/4carb/14prot.

A lot of it is what you like to eat in many respects. Like some others have said, 100 calories of most things isn't very satisfying to me but I eat them anyways LOL. Things like the Mini-Babybel cheeses which are between 50-80.

You mentioned the hummus and that worked out well for me today at work. We bought the snack pack size at Costco that are 68g each and that along with 4 each of green/red bell pepper slices (about 35g each) and some cucumber slices was just over 180 calories. I ate it at 2 different times at work so each was around 90 cal.

One serving (14g) of pork rinds like Baken-Ets is 70 calories and a nice crunch with 7g of protein.

Just some examples we use :smile:

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I snack every single night before bed and here are some of the things:

---100 calorie bag of popcorn
    ---100 g of mango and 70 g of strawberries with stevia (approx 90 calories)
    ---Light n Fit Yogurt (80 calories) with fruit --- TIP: I freeze this for 2-3 hours before eating and its like ice cream to me
    ---2 halos (mandarins, 40 cals apiece) and a piece of sugar free chocolate (35 calories)
    ---a cup of raw broccoli (approx. 40 calories) with hummus (70 calories)
    ---Sugar free ice cream bars (range from 70-130 calories)
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love skinny pop. Italian ice, pudding cup, banana and peanut butter, yogurt.
  • HowlinAl
    HowlinAl Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love those little sticks of cheese in individual packaging. 80-90 calories each, I have several a day.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    -Sugar free jello!! (Only 10 calories a cup! )
    -Can of tuna (90 calories)
    -Porks rinds! (70-80 calories)
    -Pickles (5 calories)
    -Baby carrots (60 calories for like 20 carrots)
    -Salsa (Usually 10 calories for 2 tbsps)
    -What everyone else said :smile:
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've been working at eating more vegetables, so I will prep my veggies in the morning for an afternoon snack at work. Cucumber, carrots, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.

I'm still fairly new to all of this, so I can't recall what would equal 100 calories, but I'll slice a whole cucumber and have a huge handful of baby carrots (everything is weighed), and it's pretty low cal.