How not to eat the whole bowl

Options

Replies

• _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    Options
    I don't bake as much anymore because I don't have the self control. Chances of salmonella are slim, and you aren't eating raw chicken fetus' so that doesn't work for me.

My best bet is cleaning everything immediately, sill the batter bowl full of water, take the mixers and pour soap on them etc.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I have no good advice. I eat the batter, raw chicken fetus and all.

mmmm... tasty, tasty chicken fetuses
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    you could brush your teeth right before and wash the bowl as soon as the cupcakes are poured... the toothpaste taste will keep you from eating it and then once the mix is all wet in the sink you should be good :)

I think this is a great idea. This or some mint gum, bleh sounds ucky to try and eat cupcake mix after that!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't use a mix. This year, treat yourself like you are an extraordinarily amazing person whose opinion matters above all things. If you are going to eat a cupcake, let it be transcendent and worth the effort and calories. Don't just grab a box, 2 or 3 eggs, oil, water and dump it all together. Make something from scratch and truly celebrate yourself. When you realize that food like this actually nourishes your goals---to love yourself enough to spend the time doing something amazing JUST FOR YOU---the game starts changing completely.

I love you.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies and lads, I have to bake cupcakes for my birthday. How should I do it without eating the mixture!?

Am I the only one who thinks it's terrible that she has to make her own cupcakes for her birthday?? Happy Birthday hun!

BTW - make diet coke cupcakes = no raw eggs
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't bake.... my husband doesnt like sweets, and we dont have kids....so I would be the only one eating them and they would be breakfast, lunch and dinner in my food diary lol
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I say buy the cupcakes.
  • Bella7810
    Options
    I agree with Richard. Simply make the choice NOT to eat it. It's your decision. Unfortunately, there's no magic formula or product other than pure willpower. You can do it.
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I would have a taste - but a small one!

The gum might do the trick for. It's worth trying
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options

mmmm... tasty, tasty chicken fetuses

Actually its closer to chicken menstruation then a fetus since its not fertilized.

And no that doesn't work for me either. I honestly just use a good spatula and get out 99% of the batter so its not an issue. I also agree with the person that recommended making them from scratch rather then a mix, I personally enjoy the whole process. I rarely bake so I'd rather it be an extra special thing when I do.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    Options

Actually its closer to chicken menstruation then a fetus since its not fertilized.

I don't think I'll have a problem with turning down the batter after this mental image.

no I'm not sure why this is more gross than raw chicken fetus... just ewww
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Make the quantity you need, and if there is any left over. SPRAY IT WITH WINDEX OR CLOROX!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Make the quantity you need, and if there is any left over :::: SPRAY IT WITH WINDEX OR CLOROX! ::::::::::::::
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Chew mint gum while making them.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

I don't think I'll have a problem with turning down the batter after this mental image.

But I guess scrambled or over easy chicken menstruation is perfectly ok? LOL...
  • BerkleyEL
    BerkleyEL Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree with making them from scratch, You can find all sorts of simple and awesome recipes online.

Simply decide that you will not eat the batter - its your choice and you are choosing to get healthy and awesome-er.
    (yes, I know that awesome-er isn't correct grammar... Ehh.)
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    Options

But I guess scrambled or over easy chicken menstruation is perfectly ok? LOL...

Oh geez, you're throwing that in there too? I was totally keeping the cooked eggs that are good for me in a different category than the raw cupcake eggs. Now you've gone and screwed that up.

How the hell will I get my protein now??
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have a single bite of the batter then fill the bowl with water.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options

ROTFL! Me, too. There is nothing anyone could say about any food I enjoy that would gross me out enough to not eat it. I am impervious.
  • jjbnfo
    jjbnfo Posts: 15
    Options
    on a somewhat-serious note, I agree with the make-from-scratch crowd. It's much more satisfying. Using a mix to me is like making a model where you snap together 3 parts. And from scratch, there are no preservatives, or those chemicals that they throw in to prevent clumping of the mix, food coloring, etc. (I think home-made caramel tastes much better than store-bought, even if it's dangerous to make (I call it culinary napalm, it burns like MAD when stuck to skin)).

On a not-at-all serious note, re the chicken fetuses, my friend has a shirt that says

on front "meat is murder"

on back "tasty tasty murder"