NSV - At the Hairdressers (with Pics)

Options
Elleinnz
Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
I used to hate going to the hairdressers - parked in front of a full length mirror for 3 hours watching my numerous double chins and the rest of my sizeable girth does not make for for a happy 3 hours....

I went on Tuesday night - and what a pleasure it was - no double chins - and I actually quite liked the rest of what i saw in the mirror as well :-)

At one point one of the girls said to me "you look different " to which I replied - "yes I do look a little different don't I...."
She then said "why do you look different??" - so I told her maybe because I had lost nearly 50kgs......
Her reaction was priceless - she turned to my hairdresser and said "You see - I told you she had lost a ton of weight!!"

The first pic was taken a week after I started my journey last September - notice the rolls of fat around my waist - and how I fill up the chair to the top....

Next one was taken on Tuesday night - as I said - I am starting to like what I see ...... and there was lots of spare space in the chair.....

The quality of the pics are shocking - taken with phone, but you should get the idea :-)

02019SeptemberHairdressers-1.jpg

02010AugustHairdressers-1.jpg

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Big difference!! You look great!!
  • savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job!! See with some dediction and right choices you are looking marvelous :) keep up the great work.
    - jessica
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's a great NSV! I totally understand what you mean with the full length mirrors. I hate the tiny chairs mine has, I feel like a whale in them. Or I did 3 months ago, I'll find out this Thursday if it's any different. Congrats on all your hard work, the difference is amazing!
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratulations :)
  • Rickie_Raver
    Rickie_Raver Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yay you! That is a great victory :) Thanks for sharing.
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic--keep up the great work and be very proud of yourself!!!!!!
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I know the feeling of the dreaded stare down with the mirror, im glad when my face is covered with hair, so i cant see ;(
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, what an inspiration, I love it when people post their pics it really brings it home to you what people on here can achieve wonderful.
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    Awesome job! :) Proud of you, keep up the hard work!
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You have done so well! Very inspiring, thank you for sharing :)
  • Skinny_foodie
    Options
    I love this! my salon is known for skinny little hipster girls and I'm always a little self concious going in, I can't wait to have the experience you just related! Thank you for sharing!
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    WOW that is a-m-a-z-i-n-g - WELL DONE. You must feel so proud of yourself.

It's a NEW YOU! Love yourself honey, you are gorgeous!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    keep up the hard work! it shows! :) you look great!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! I've never been fond of full length mirrors, either!~~
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this....that is so cool! I think anyone who has been overweight can fully relate to the dread of sitting in that chair in front of the full length mirror. My nephew is a hair dresser and he said it is that very mirror that keeps him making good choices with his food......he also doesn't want to be seeing himself all day long in that mirror as an overweight hair dresser.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    GORGEOUS! I LOVE THIS! Thank you for sharing this with all of us Elle. = )

Your booty shaking happy dancing Pal. = )
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Elle -

WOW!!! - That is a fantastic NSV!!! You are an amazing lady - celebrate your accomplishments!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! You are so inspiring to me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!