So close to my goal weight...

Options
Hi everyone! I am getting so close to my goal, and things are slowing down. For the past 2 months, ive been losing about .5 a week, and im lucky if i get to lose 1lb a week. i am researching everywhere, and i finally found a website that seems 'right'. i want to go back to losing my normal 2lbs a week which i have been doing my whole weight loss until now, so i calculated some things. according to WEBMB, it says..
In order for you to lose 21.6lbs and meet your 115lbs weight goal at a rate of 2lbs per week, you will need to:
Limit your calories from FOOD to 1200 calories per day.
Continue to burn 745 calories per day, or 5217 calories per week through FITNESS. If your current activity level declines, you will need to consume fewer calories than the recommended amount to meet your weight goal.

That is leaving me at a total of 455 'net' calories, is that enough? i feel like it is a really low number, but it might be what is needed to jump start my weight loss again and keep it going. what do you think?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It is NOT healthy to lose 2lbs per week when you are this close. 0.5 to 1lb per weeks is perfect and will help maintain your muscle. No one wants to be "skinny fat".
  • mandiex0
    mandiex0 Posts: 174
    Options
    so what should i do?
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    so what should i do?

continue what you're doing! Your loss will slow down the closer you get to your goal, it's just inevitable. Just go with it. You're not gaining, youre still losing. you're doing great!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Actually you might want to start eating MORE. I noticed you are trying for 1200 calories a day and NOT eating your 700 exercise calories. Eating more might help you lose faster and it will help you maintain muscle.

I have 8lbs or so more to go. I eat 1750 NET and eat all my exercise calories. My weight loss is slow, about a half pound a week. But I enjoy my "diet" and I have nice strong lean muscles going.
  • jjbnfo
    jjbnfo Posts: 15
    Options
    maybe you could set a fake goal weight to 5 or 10 pounds below your real goal weight?

that would prompt mfp to recalculate your calorie needs