Party Foods

Options
LizC26
LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
So, I'm having a party Saturday at my house. I always make something for everyone to snack on. I'd like some ideas for snacks/food that I can actually eat too.

Replies

• rider797
    rider797 Posts: 52
    Options
    TRAIL MIX :)
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    veggie tray
    fruit tray
    guacamole and make you own chips (whole wheat tortillas { cut them into 8ths and bake them at 400 for 5-7 mins})
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    fresh veggies and hummus, almonds, POP CHIPS!
  • Sveta34
    Sveta34 Posts: 19
    Options
    Check out stuff on Rocco Dispirto's recipes, also Hungry girl gives great ideas...otherwise, salsa and get some kind of low fat, low carb chip, fruit and veg...pigs in a blanket (Pig-use Turkey something, blanket use wontons)...hummas with your veg...make low cal pizza bites...use low-fat, low carb whole wheat tortillas, top with it low cal, low fat sauce of your choice, I like asian flavors, but you can use traditional. Then get low fat part skim mozzerella and any veg is free, and for meat...there is great chicken sausages available everywhere that have flavors in them, cut them up in small pieces..assemble cook, cut in one bite or two bite peices and enjoy...I can go on and on and on...but try that for starters...if you don't want to buy Rocco's stuff, let know, I can throw some recipes your way...Good Luck!
    Lana
  • mzashby
    mzashby Posts: 8
    Options
    veggie tray
    fruit tray
    guacamole and make you own chips (whole wheat tortillas { cut them into 8ths and bake them at 400 for 5-7 mins})

Great Idea...I never thought about that but Im excited to try soon!!!
  • osucristina
    Options
    Agree with the fruit/cheese tray

my go to party dip is a healthy spinach dip- i serve it with homemade pita chips (split pitas, cut into wedges, season with a little sprinkling of EVOO, salt and pepper)
    spinach dip: (i don't use measurements, I use sight and taste, so combine ingredients to taste. Everything in it is so good for you!)

plain greek or lowfat yogurt
    sun-dried tomatoes in oil (chopped)
    artichoke hearts (drain and chopped)
    2-3 cups spinach (steamed)
    parmesan and/or feta crumbles
    optional: basil pesto

combine all ingredients, refrigerate or serve immediately! It's seriously addicting!
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Boiled or grilled shrimp with cocktail sauce, hummus and veggies, fruit tray, grilled chicken sausage in slices with mustard for dipping...also a few days back someone posted a recipe for low-cal jalapeño poppers.
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Finger Food Appetizers:

I love cucumbers & tuna so here's a little mini receipe:

*Peel 4-6 cucumbers for 8-12 servings
    *Scoop all the seeds out and cut them in half vertically & horizontally.
    * Make a tuna salad or chicken shredded salad whichever you prefer or even an egg salad
    *Fill in the cucumber with salad

Voila! you have a finger cucumber/salad appetizer ;)

5978368.png
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Agree with the fruit/cheese tray

my go to party dip is a healthy spinach dip- i serve it with homemade pita chips (split pitas, cut into wedges, season with a little sprinkling of EVOO, salt and pepper)
    spinach dip: (i don't use measurements, I use sight and taste, so combine ingredients to taste. Everything in it is so good for you!)

plain greek or lowfat yogurt
    sun-dried tomatoes in oil (chopped)
    artichoke hearts (drain and chopped)
    2-3 cups spinach (steamed)
    parmesan and/or feta crumbles
    optional: basil pesto

combine all ingredients, refrigerate or serve immediately! It's seriously addicting!

Yum!
  • julesgill
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com in her super bowl section, she has a lot of really yummy dips (the buffalo chicken one is my fav)...Have a great party! =)