Jogging in rain

Options
Is it worth it??
It's been raining all day.
I'm restless and want to get my miles in today.

Replies

• ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    well since we are in the middle of the worst drought in years...yes I would jog in the rain....probably dance naked in the rain....but that is just me....take precautions and dont get sick...
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just don't wear a white shirt and you should be fine. In all seriousness, if you want to become a serious runner learn how to run in all kind of weather - snow, rain, heat, etc.
  • ReginasHorror
    ReginasHorror Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Totally! I love the rain! It might encourage me to run outside instead of in the gym!
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite times to walk/jog is when it's raining. Yeah you'll be soaked through to the bone. Expect it and you'll be just fine!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel like a hard core bad *kitten*. And I like that.

Gonna shower when I get home anyways.
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    do it. if you've never ran in the rain, you'll love it. I like running in the rain more then when it's sunny.
  • fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    loooove running in the rain, as long as there is no lightening. The heat has been so brutal here, that I can't wait for the rain to goout running.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love running in the rain. Its so peaceful. A hat helps and no white shirt (as mentioned above).
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Love it, my best runs
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    awh i think it is fun to jog in the rain just ware reflective gear. The only thing i worry about is my music getting soaked.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This is one of those 'romantic' things I'd like to do but haven't tried. I say.... go for it. =)
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    I love it....as long as there's not lightening and thunder to go along with the rain. :) I say go for it....you'll stay cool and probably get a great run in.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I've run 26.2 in the rain more than once. Rain is fun, but less fun after 3 hours out there.

I dislike it when I'm not expecting it, but I'm happy to run in the rain when prepared. I almost always wear shorts, I find that gloves are the key for me (if it is cold).
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Absoluelylove running in the rain and have to second another poster's notion of 'so hardcore' and definitely determined.
    I'll take it anyday over this heat!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I can't say I love it, but I'll do it if I'm feeling twitchy and want a run.
    Wear a cap to keep the rain off your face, put your iPod or other gadgets in a zip lock bag and go for it!
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Alright!! I'm excited! I'm going for it!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Running in the rain in warmer weather is fun.

Running in the rain in chilly weather is as miserable as it gets for me.
  • irongirl73
    irongirl73 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love jogging in the rain! Once I ran like 17 miles in the rain and cold. I was super chaffed though so I don't recommend doing a long run in the rain!