Help! Need camping friendly foods!

Options
ok guys, I need help here! I'm going camping again this weekend - last weekend was AWFUL food wise so I'm bringing my own food. Mind you, this isn't REAL camping, I have access to a trailer with a microwave and stuff in it but I'm not sure about the storage space available in the fridge. I need ideas for tasty and healthy stuff to bring! Ready, set, go!! :D

Replies

• julesgill
    Options
    Since you'll have a micorowave you can do egg mugs for breafkast(hungry girl has a bunch of good recipes for those, super easy)...also Oscar Mayer makes yummy pre cooked micorwavable bacon.

Turkey hot dogs
    Turkey burgers
    Veggie foil packets on the grill (or fire)
    Fish foil packets
    Get some fresh fruit that you don't have to refrigerate and keep them in a tote (apples, oranges, bananas)
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump! I camp alot and would love some calorie friendly items to pack :)
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm camping this weekend too....

With the kind of camping you're doing , you can do almost anything you would at home. Grill chicken, have F&V snacks on hand, eggs, cereals, yogurt...

Just don't eat s'mores, limit the drinking, and take walks. It'll all work out.
  • Ajessie
    Ajessie Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm camping this weekend too....

With the kind of camping you're doing , you can do almost anything you would at home. Grill chicken, have F&V snacks on hand, eggs, cereals, yogurt...

Just don't eat s'mores, limit the drinking, and take walks. It'll all work out.

I'm trying to think of stuff that doesn't have to be refrigerated. The last time I was there the small fridge was fully stocked so they dont have room for anymore stuff.... Great ideas though :)
  • julesgill
    Options
    Can you take a cooler packed with ice as an extra refrigerator?
  • Ajessie
    Ajessie Posts: 54
    Options
    Good call - I bet I could borrow a small one and just take little things... Thanks! :)
  • carrun
    carrun Posts: 16
    Options
    When I went camping I brought Veggie dogs, tuna, dry cereal (used water instead of milk), snap peas, carrots and cucumber. Yes I had one smore. We did lots of walking . Anyway have fun!
  • julesgill
    Options
    When I went camping I brought Veggie dogs, tuna, dry cereal (used water instead of milk), snap peas, carrots and cucumber. Yes I had one smore. We did lots of walking . Anyway have fun!
    Cereal with water? Really? I dont think I could do that.