Just ate Mcdonald's

Options
So I haven't had fast food in a while. I have been on this medicine that has made me lose my appetite so I kind of justified eating fast food tonight, since I've been under my calorie goal for almost two weeks (it's extremely difficult to get that much food in when you have no appetite). But I have been trying.

Anyway... I know I said I justified it to myself. I guess I just would like to hear from someone that I didn't completely screw up my progress and diet by eating a filet-o-fish sandwich and a medium fry.

I have been inside for the past two weeks, not leaving my house, mostly laying around because the medicine is giving me a lot of side effects. Going off of it is another issue I am trying to get past. I have not been to the gym this past week and a half because of my side effects =/

So eating McDonald's today and possibly going over (if I eat more tonight) is okay?? =D Yes?

Replies

• cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Anyway... I know I said I justified it to myself. I guess I just would like to hear from someone that I didn't completely screw up my progress and diet by eating a filet-o-fish sandwich and a medium fry.

So eating McDonald's today and possibly going over (if I eat more tonight) is okay?? =D Yes?

NO - you did NOT screw up your progress and diet by eating McDs once in 2 weeks when you've been under your caloric goal for almost 2 weeks

YES - it IS ok to go over today/tonite!! AS LONG AS you get back on track tomorrow, and don't let mcds spiral you into many more days of going over

:o)
  • therequiiem
    therequiiem Posts: 133 Member
    Options

NO - you did NOT screw up your progress and diet by eating McDs once in 2 weeks when you've been under your caloric goal for almost 2 weeks

YES - it IS ok to go over today/tonite!! AS LONG AS you get back on track tomorrow, and don't let mcds spiral you into many more days of going over

:o)

Okay, thanks for that :D heh... another issue is that I am probably not getting all the nutrients I need... this medicine makes me only want to eat carbs and sweets.... definitely not meat. I try to eat meat and just feel sick. Vegetables too.
  • pippyrlz23
    pippyrlz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You didn't screw up...it's all about moderation. Everyone is allowed to let go a little bit. I've learned that if I completely deprive myself of things, I end up failing. So I definitely say eating McD's once in two weeks won't ruin everything you've done. :-) Feel better!
  • stxbobcat
    Options
    I make it a point to splurge once every 3 weeks or so. It has not impeded my weight loss yet and it feels like getting a reward for being a good girl. Just make sure you get right back to healthy eating tomorrow.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If you have been under for weeks then I would say it's not a big deal at all. Though the fish sandwich is yuck yuck yuck but that's my opinion :wink: ... When I have been crazy busy I have stopped at McDs on my way home but I got a 4 piece chicken nugget (with honey) and small fry - no drink and that filled me up completely and it didn't kill my calories.. I'm sure it will be ok :)
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly fine!!!!! When I was trying really hard to lose weight, I got to the point where I decided one meal a week could be whatever I wanted (even if it was bad), then I just worked out extra hard the next day and got right back on track. It's fine, you didn't screw up anything. It's one meal. Tomorrow's a new day and I wouldn't worry or feel bad about eating McD's at all. Good Luck!
    t
  • Perz27
    Perz27 Posts: 3
    Options
    one time won't do much damage especially judging from what you ate which doesn't seem to be that much. I eat fast food a couple times a month and I've been losing plenty of weight so it's not really a big deal if you do it in moderation.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    one mcdonalds meal is not the end of the world. Just think of how you used to eat and compare back then to now.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I eat McDs way more than I should... it will not ruin your progress and it's totally okay to go over tonight. Just wake up tomorrow ready to tackle a fresh new day!
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just ate a fish filet sandwich and fries 2 days ago at McD and was pleased to note the relatively low calorie (compared to most McD stuff) that they were. You r fine! Did you notice though that it just doesn't taste as good anymore since you're eating more healthy? I love McD's but it is easier and easier to not go there the longer I improve my diet!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I totally can't stay away from mcdonalds =) You're fine.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as being a problem. Staying under your calories for 2 weeks (i think you said) and taking medication, I would probably do the same. I belive both the Sandwich and Fri are 380 each in calories. You didnt go overboard at all. Hopefully you feel better after a couple of weeks of medication.
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    100% OK my friend! cant expect to live forever without EVER eating something like that! youre just fine.
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You're totally fine, I wouldn't even worry about it. I went to a chinese buffet 5 days ago and let me tell you I did not have anything on my plate that wasn't fried or smothered in sauce. I even had two big slices of chocolate cake. And I enjoyed every bite of it. The whole meal was estimated to be around 1,000 cals.

I left a little wiggle room to indulge and ate my maintenance calories for that day.