Didnt lose weight in first week help

Options
I didnt lose weight in my first week. I gained! I dont know what im doing wrong? Im eating the calories it tells me i need after exercising and i gained 2 lbs. . Should i be worried? Am i doing it wrong? 1200 calories plus my exercise =1347. I eat that and i should lose right?

Replies

• Bellavita31
    Bellavita31 Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your eating...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Did you start a new exercise routine?

Your body will hold on to water to repair muscles.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week. The body does all kinds of weird things when you change routine and sometimes weight loss stalls out for a week or two. Especially if you've started a new exercise routine or are at ovulation or PMS in your monthly cycle. Give your body a little time to catch up.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    What they said! Try eating only natural foods -no added sugars, nothing processed, stuff you make yourself. And I often find I gain after really hard workouts. Also, since your picture shows a woman, you might also want to take time of month into account -do you typically have bloating days that could affect weight? Anyway, DON'T BE DISCOURAGED! KEEP GOING! It's a learning process.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose weight in the first month. There are a million things that affect the scales in the short term, you just need to stay consistent over time.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Amnav wrote: »
    if you cut calories to drastically too soon the body will retain due to survival mode. Were you aware of how many calories you were consuming the weeks prior? the smaller changes make the biggest difference.

“Survival mode” isn’t a thing

OP, the same thing happened to me. Give yourself a couple more weeks before you change anything.