SparkyCharette
SparkyCharette Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2018 in Success Stories
Is the pro edition good?

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    As much as the free edition stays broken, I don't see any reason anyone should ever risk it.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Good, how?

It has a few features that some people like. But I still see people complaining about a lot of the same things they complain about with the free version.

The paid version offers more functions, but not necessarily improved functionality.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It's been a long time since I used the paid version, but honestly the only thing I liked about it was the fact that I could set my macros by the gram. Now I have to use percentages but it's not all that difficult to get out of it what I want. Sure, there were no ads, but honestly I still got tons of MFP blog advertisements in my feed, and it was no faster at all, still the same severe lag. If it was faster and more responsive I would subscribe in a heartbeat, but as it stands no added feature would make me want to pay what they ask if I'm going to experience the same infuriating lag/latency. It's why I didn't renew and why I won't pay again. Don't get me wrong, I love MFP, use it every day, have over 1100 days logged in this thing, but there just isn't enough improvement in the paid version to justify the cost. If the cost was lower, I'd probably do it just to support the site. However, I feel I did that by buying a year of it anyway while I was losing weight.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No. I haven’t seen any ads for mfp premium that give me any valid reasons to upgrade. Nothing really seems that helpful that isn’t already available for free. I’m not bothered by ads.
  • ServusChristi
    ServusChristi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If it would let me turn off the "blog," I'd pay. Otherwise, there is no appeal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!