Lost 45 pounds but now losing motivation

Anybody have any tips on how to stay motivated? I lost 45 pounds and I have another 40 to go. Over the past week or two I just haven’t been motivated like I used to be.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Why do you want to lose weight? That is your motivation.

Another thing you might consider, is if what you're doing, is something you wouldn't do unless you wanted to lose weight.
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    I'd suggest a maintenance break. Make a conscious decision to eat at maintenance for 2-4 weeks, and change your goal in MFP to maintenance, too. Once the time limit you've set for your break has passed, try changing your goal in MFP and starting up again. Sometimes, all we need is a break to regain our focus and determination.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss thus far! That is something to be very proud of! Motivation gets you going, dedication keeps you going. I agree that a maintenance break definitely give you time to assess and regroup. Make sure to have a deadline to start back in though, because I have taken a maintenance break and lost sight of my goal all together. Good luck and keep going!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    Well done on losing 45 lbs already! You're over half-way there!

Forget motivation and think "habits". Given your success, you have established good habits already so just keep doing what you've been doing and don't really think about it or assign emotion to it.

I think sometimes we use the word "motivation" as a substitute for "excitement" or "interest". It's not really that you've lost motivation, but more that you've become less as excited or interested in your diet and/or fitness. That's ok. We don't need to be excited about habits for them to be effective.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Go find and old picture
    Take a new picture
    Put them next to each other