Painfull Craving !!!!

Options
Since Monday, I'm not abble to stay under my goal calories. I'm always craving of somethings more !!! And It's painfull ! I'm not following any diet, I'm just trying to ajust my diet to fit the amount of calories that I need ! For the past 2 weeks I was feeling great ! But now I have the painfull feeling in the stomach (when we are ungry) all the time !!! HELP !! What should I do ?????

Replies

• ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You may need to adjust the types of food you are eating. Try making each meal contain protein, fat and carbs. The mix will help you feel full longer and satisfied. Stay away from processed carbs and too much sugar because they will make you feel hungry again in a short time. Hope this helps.
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    One of the things I have started do aside from planning my meals by the week mainly is I have started eating raw veggies first during my meal. I have veggies for breakfast lunch and dinner. The fiber helps keep me full. Another thing I do is eat lean protein with every meal. You have to figure out what works for you but for me the less processed foods give me more control and so I can eat more because there is less calories and higher nutrients.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have read and seen that when you are craving --you are usually missing something....check over your diary and see if any food group is under represented or if you are missing any nutrient.,,then replace it and see if that helps....
  • mon_cherie
    Options
    Where in your cycle are you? The munchies can definitely be a part of PMS. I read somewhere recently that although the munchies increase, so does metabolism so it should affect overall weight loss. Just be careful what you're eating and get enough protein, carbs and fiber. Don't snack on yucky stuff. But being so hungry it hurts is not healthy either.
  • jamesysmom
    Options
    Increase your fiber and water intake that seems to work for me
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    You may need to adjust the types of food you are eating. Try making each meal contain protein, fat and carbs. The mix will help you feel full longer and satisfied. Stay away from processed carbs and too much sugar because they will make you feel hungry again in a short time. Hope this helps.
    This and make sure you have some green leafy veg in there as well. They'll keep you regular and help you feel fuller.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    When you set up MFP how many pounds did you say you wanted to lose a week? If you went right to 2 pounds a week that is a 1000 calorie a day deficit and your body may not be ready for that. If this is the case try adjusting your settings to a smaller loss per week and over time raising it as your body gets used to eating less. 1 pound per week is the recommended rate to lose weight.
  • ccaring
    ccaring Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So many of us fall totally off a diet because we are hungry. Better you should go over a bit while you're going through what you are going through rather than stop watching and counting at all. You hang in there. You'll get back in the groove.
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    first thought: Excercise more to balance it out. I also agree with some of the above suggestions too
  • jessicajourneyhealth
    Options
    Just want to let you know that I cheated and went over my goal calories. BUT I thank you guys SO much for all the good advice !!! Because today was a lot better, and that's because of all your advices...
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Another thing to keep in mind is that, most likely, your set calorie deficit is pretty large. I'm set for a loss of 1.5lbs per week which means 750 calorie per day deficit (leaving me a 1300 calories/day goal). That's over 50% of what I'm allotted, so my body definitely notices it!

If you're anything like me, you were probably eating WAY over your maintenance calories before joining MFP (isn't that how most of us got here?!?). Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that even the "bad" days here on MFP are probably better than what we were doing before.

Now, I'm not saying go out and eat whatever you want without feeling any guilt. But sometimes we need to cut ourselves some slack and remember that even if we go over that calorie goal for the day, we've still made huge strides over our past.
  • jessicajourneyhealth
    Options
    That's SO true !!! kbrogan78
    I used to eat way but way more than now.
    Thank you !
    Quickly we forget !