Personal question for the ladies on the board

Options
My weight has been going gradually, steadily down over the past 2 months (I've lost 6 lbs so far) and have been pleased with this progress overall. Then I got on the scale this morning to find that I'd gained back 2 lbs in just 1 day and was frustrated until I realized that it was a menstrual thing (started an hour later). So my question is, do I go back and take out the 2 lb gain that I recorded this morning or do I just let it stay and hopefully it'll go back down after a day or 2? Does anyone just stop the weight check during "that time" or do you go ahead and track it?

Replies

• odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I log what the scale says. There will be lots of ups and downs on your journey. :) I hate mother nature sometimes.

ETA - I log if it's my actual weigh in day... I weigh myself every day but only log one day a week.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    was this your regular weigh in day??? or did you just hop on the scale???..... if regular day record it if you want....I dont...if just hopped on the scale ....ignore....

just my personal opinion...
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If it stays on for three days, on the third day I post it. I feel the ups and downs are part of the journey. I don't overly congratulate myself when I re-lose them though.
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    I wouldn't log it. You know your cycle started so I would wait until next week. Why bum yourself out over retention during your cycle? Just my opinion! I won't weigh during mine.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I say don't log it, never log it. I never do! As long as I am still exercising and eating well I do not log the small little random gains as long as they go back down.
  • luckyduck768
    luckyduck768 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    By keeping it to one particular time of day/ day of the week, we aim to minimize the variations. I would not focus too much on it because it is mostly water weight and you will likely keep losing no matter what fluctuations mother nature throws at us. :) Do not become too clingy to that scale :)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i only log my losses....and I if I gain, I only log when I have gone below my lowest weight. thats just my way.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I dont log it for "TOM" because it will probably be back down in a few days. I am a bloater so I usually start bloating 4-5 days before and until it goes away. (its sucks) because I go like 1 1/2 weeks that I wont even get on the scale
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Don't even log it....wait til you're done. You'll just be more PO'd...as if the hormones aren't raging enough during our TOM.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    something very helpful for this time of the month is a multi use scales, some measure body weight, some body fat percentage as well, but at this time of the month it is worth the peace of mind to invest in one that also measures your water percentage, you should see an increase at that time of the month and then a return to normal
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    If it stays on for three days, on the third day I post it. I feel the ups and downs are part of the journey.

Exactly I don't post a weight unless I've maintained it for 3 days in a row.

There are ups and downs and bumps, don't let them derail you.

I know when I was on lose 1 lb/week it was 3 lb a month not 4 because I didn't lose during my TOM. But I was consistently moving in the right direction so it's all good.
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    (hi kimpta, have you tried peppermint tablets for bloating, i got so bloated i went doctors and was prescribed them for ibs, they work for me)
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i only log my losses....and I if I gain, I only log when I have gone below my lowest weight. thats just my way.

Same here! I don't log the little ups and downs. I only log when I go below my current posted weight. (But if I am more than 3 lbs up, or if it stays on for more than 5 days, I log the gain)
  • bieque
    bieque Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks! This is my regular weigh in day but I do watch the scale probably too often. :) I'll wait and see if it goes down in a few days. Just wanted to hear what others do.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Don't log if it is due to TOM...I always go up 3-4 lbs UGH
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    I don't even weigh myself that week of the month. Too scary! :)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I log every Monday morning, regardless of what the number on the scale is. I do weigh every day to keep myself on track, but only log the Monday weigh in.

It's disappointing sometimes to lose a bit during the week only to have it come back for weigh in.... but it's all about ups and downs anyway.

I also don't want to skip the TOM weigh in as I sometimes feel it's an excuse to eat a bit more 'because I'm going to gain anyway'.
  • DancingSquirrel
    Options
    I'm in the log it camp. Once you see how much normal variation there is then those blips close some of their power to discourage.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Dont log it...that will be gone fast. :-)
  • sawalter68
    sawalter68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Another trick for the bloat is warm/hot water with fresh lemon juice. I started this about 2 months ago and no bloat - even during TOM.