• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Hi *waves*. Diagnosed in 2005.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Celiac here too, hi! I’m celiac, so is my daughter, my brother, my dad... whole family of us. :-)
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm not celiac but am very sensitive to gluten. Feel free to add me!
  • Hreut001
    Hreut001 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    over here! Friend me! :) still struggling with it - so defs would love some more GF friends xx
  • Shadow87
    Shadow87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed since 2010 (and even 8 years later it's a struggle) I'm the only one of my family and friends to be like this so seeing everyone else eat normally really sucks. Feel free to add me :) And if anyone has any tips on how best to eat GF and healthy, I'd love to hear them! (Trying really hard to cut out the GF convenience frozen foods..it's been a struggle but I'm getting there I think)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Shadow87 wrote: »
    I've been diagnosed since 2010 (and even 8 years later it's a struggle) I'm the only one of my family and friends to be like this so seeing everyone else eat normally really sucks. Feel free to add me :) And if anyone has any tips on how best to eat GF and healthy, I'd love to hear them! (Trying really hard to cut out the GF convenience frozen foods..it's been a struggle but I'm getting there I think)

I'm not gluten intolerant or coeliac, but eat very little gluten - I don't consider my diet abnormal! I do cook a lot from scratch and typically eat a lot of protein/vegie meals as I like lots of volume, and I like vegetables :)
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm not Celiac, but I am diagnosed Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance. I have an Instagram as well where I post all of my meals, feel free to message me if you'd like that info as well.
  • Joiha
    Joiha Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I was diagnosed with Non-Celiac gluten sensitivity earlier this year, so I am a complete newbie. I would love to have people to talk with that are eating gluten free.
    Unfortunately, the same series of testing that found the gluten sensitivity also found a bunch of others, so my diet is undergoing a momentous overhaul. Some of the most difficult for me have been eggs, soy, peas, and all dairy.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Gluten is the only part of most cereals I actually can eat, as I’m very sensitive to rye, barley and wheat starch. End result: I mostly eat gluten free and avoid bakery products, since gluten free (with the exception of bakery products, which are often made of purified wheat starch) is generally also free from those starches. Feel free to add, all of you!
  • ByteLily
    ByteLily Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have celiacs! Add me :-)
  • ByteLily
    ByteLily Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    Hi there! Gluten is the only part of most cereals I actually can eat, as I’m very sensitive to rye, barley and wheat starch. End result: I mostly eat gluten free and avoid bakery products, since gluten free (with the exception of bakery products, which are often made of purified wheat starch) is generally also free from those starches. Feel free to add, all of you!

I also cannot eat oats. Do they bother you? They are terrible on me. I do ok with corn and rice.

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Joiha wrote: »
    HI,
    I was diagnosed with Non-Celiac gluten sensitivity earlier this year, so I am a complete newbie. I would love to have people to talk with that are eating gluten free.
    ... Some of the most difficult for me have been eggs, soy, peas, and all dairy.

Hugs!!

Have you heard of cashew cream? It's a pretty awesome dairy substitute that I have enjoyed (I am also egg, soy, and dairy free now. Peas of iffy). But cashew cream - which you can make yourself by soaking raw cashews overnight and simply blending up with some water - is cool because it is mildly flavored, and it also thickens when heated, so it's great for highly flavored soups that you want to turn creamy, yeaa! :-)
  • Leeah77MFP
    Leeah77MFP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I’m gluten free, celiac too
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Both gluten intolerant and soy free here for about 5 years now. I have quite a varied diet and don't feel deprived or abnormal. Yes, I miss eating some things like crusty french bread and pasta but have found quite a few alternatives that suit me fine. My local pizzaria makes an amazing GF pizza crust. Of course it is made in the same kitchen as the regular pizza, but I'm not THAT sensitive so I enjoy it quite frequently. Udi's makes some decent GF breads. Toasted is best if you're going that route. GF pastas have vastly improved over the past 5 years or so. One of my favorites is made with chickpeas. I now only cook GF pasta and my non-GF husband likes it just fine.

I also eat a lot of corn tortillas (can make anything into a taco really), rice, and quinoa. I've tried a bunch of GF snack foods and most are just meh. There are enough naturally GF foods that area lot less expensive like popcorn, veggies with hummus, rice crackers with peanut butter.

I discovered some tortillas at the discount grocery made of cassava and coconut. I thought they were amazing! They were super cheap so I bought all they had and stuck them in the freezer. They sell them on Amazon for some ridiculous price that I won't pay, but I'd love to find them again somewhere local.

I also found a frozen GF cauliflower cheese pizza at my local grocery. I added some veggies and feta cheese and was pleasantly surprised at the finished baked product. Pretty tasty.

• BethWilliams24
    BethWilliams24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Currently being tested, but very sensitive to gluten if not coeliac!
  • psycopurpleterri
    psycopurpleterri Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey me too! I also can’t have any seafood or cows milk (whey protein allergy)
    I’m not great at logging all the time (weekends usually 👎)
    But feel free to add me, anyone else here feel free too
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    ByteLily wrote: »
    hipari wrote: »

I also cannot eat oats. Do they bother you? They are terrible on me. I do ok with corn and rice.

Oats are naturally GF but can easily get cross-contaminated. I know GF people who are ok with oats that have been certified to be GF but cannot eat conventional oats.

https://www.thekitchn.com/the-oat-conundrum-are-oats-glu-137074