hello. i'm new here

Options
hi all, i've just joined so here's the low down on me, 45, female, 2 years sedentary lifestyle (due to injury), want to lose about 30 pounds, to get to 9 stone. not massively over weight but don't feel good about the middle age spread, well in fact it's really got me down, am v self concious about my tummy. i'm just getting back to exercise, what i eat isn't too bad, i am a strict vegetarian, no egg either. i find my appetite is bad in general so think all the factors i'va mentioned and my liking for energy drinks (orange lucozade) are my weight gain triggers...also stress. does anyone identify with any of this , please say hi and add me as a friend

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck.
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    welcome
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Options
    Welcome, Im 45 need to loose 30 pounds and have been doing this for two weeks. First week I lost 3 pounds. I have not weighed this week and I am hold off until next week to see the difference. You can do it! Suggestion, get rid of the sugar drinks. They will eat up your calories. I chew gum and drink water.
  • teeny1973
    Options
    welcome!
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thanks for the kind welcomes!

bluejay, yep that is top of my list, i've been diluting them with water last week to withdraw. did some research and there seems to be an overall trend to an addictiveness to lucozade, i've noticed it myself. it's got to go not just because of the calories, but my blood sugar getting mixed up. well done on your first week
  • BekaBear2010
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I am new here too! Just today in fact! I look forward to getting to know you!! :)
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thanks bekabear

best of luck to both of us on this journey together
  • dragonflytequila
    Options
    Hello
    Want to say hello to you and Bekabear...to both of you and wish you luck ....
    As I am in my mid 40's and had two foot surgerys and a fractual heel with many problems with my feet ...just taking one step at a time...

Best of luck...