Anyone have any ACTUALLY tasty but healthy recipes??

Options
13»

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I mean does anyone have any foods that taste good, like really good, a lowfat version of steak and potoates or burgers or french fries??
    Im sick of googling and asking people for healthy recipes and i get some kale salad recipe or some bland chicken with carrots on the side or some fcking cauliflower pizza(?

Yes. All of mine :) have a look in the "recipe" section.

how do I get to that?
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Almost any food/meal, IMO, needs some punch. I'm a huge fan of garlic (I buy large jars that are "fresh" chopped garlic), garlic salt (add it to most meats and/or veggies), and have a good sized spice rack plus some spic mixes. Add onion and/or some peppers (I love poblano peppers chopped into a variety of dishes).

"Comfort" food such as pizza or a big juicy burger? Not off limits at all, just have to either a) Plan it into my day/week or b) modify - such as using ground chicken breast instead of beef.

Oh, and for that ground chicken breast burger I chop up some of that poblano and onion and add some garlic, mix it all together - nom nom nom IMO!!
  • ShaeSweetness
    ShaeSweetness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I mean does anyone have any foods that taste good, like really good, a lowfat version of steak and potoates or burgers or french fries??
    Im sick of googling and asking people for healthy recipes and i get some kale salad recipe or some bland chicken with carrots on the side or some fcking cauliflower pizza(?

Maybe the problem isn't that you are getting bad recipe suggestions but that you're not specific for what kind of recipes you want. The recipes other people gave to you may be fabulous for them. They might really love that bland chicken and kale with side of cauliflower pizza. My recommendation is to look at what you already and eat and enjoy and make small changes to make them healthier or eat what you love, just eat within your calorie balance. Or...exercise enough that you can eat foods you love while still losing weight.

This^

Find ways to tweak your own recipes.

Look at websites like Skinny Taste and Cooking Light. Find a favorite (like fries). Then take suggestions from that recipe.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-texas-cheese-fries/

My favorite pizza recipe (contains no cauliflower). I use a simple homemade crust (I use a recipe from Fleischmann's pizza yeast) roll it thin - slather with Pastorelli pizza sauce - add turkey pepperoni - veggies and 2% cheese. Baked on a stone, this is really delicious.

Omg THISSSS is what im looking for. A calorie friendly cheese fries recipe?! Hell yesssss!!
  • ShaeSweetness
    ShaeSweetness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses!! I plan on trying alot of it!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Maybe the problem isn't that you are getting bad recipe suggestions but that you're not specific for what kind of recipes you want. The recipes other people gave to you may be fabulous for them. They might really love that bland chicken and kale with side of cauliflower pizza. My recommendation is to look at what you already and eat and enjoy and make small changes to make them healthier or eat what you love, just eat within your calorie balance. Or...exercise enough that you can eat foods you love while still losing weight.

This^

Find ways to tweak your own recipes.

Look at websites like Skinny Taste and Cooking Light. Find a favorite (like fries). Then take suggestions from that recipe.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-texas-cheese-fries/

My favorite pizza recipe (contains no cauliflower). I use a simple homemade crust (I use a recipe from Fleischmann's pizza yeast) roll it thin - slather with Pastorelli pizza sauce - add turkey pepperoni - veggies and 2% cheese. Baked on a stone, this is really delicious.

Omg THISSSS is what im looking for. A calorie friendly cheese fries recipe?! Hell yesssss!!

I tried them and honestly they didn't look or taste as pretty as the picture, lol! Might be because I have yet to find some cheddar cheese that melts just right (baked homemade fries are very tasty though, even with just a bit of oil).
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    Almost any food/meal, IMO, needs some punch. I'm a huge fan of garlic (I buy large jars that are "fresh" chopped garlic), garlic salt (add it to most meats and/or veggies), and have a good sized spice rack plus some spic mixes. Add onion and/or some peppers (I love poblano peppers chopped into a variety of dishes).

"Comfort" food such as pizza or a big juicy burger? Not off limits at all, just have to either a) Plan it into my day/week or b) modify - such as using ground chicken breast instead of beef.

Oh, and for that ground chicken breast burger I chop up some of that poblano and onion and add some garlic, mix it all together - nom nom nom IMO!!

You'd probably like my mom's cucumber salad if you like garlic...slice cucumbers very thin, soak in some salt to get moisture out,about 20min rinse well & squeeze out water, put in plastic container, add 1 part water to 3 parts white vinegar, add crushed garlic, salt, pepper & sour cream (you can use greek yogurt but it does lose some of the taste in this case, it's better the next day. We put a whole head of garlic in the latest batch. I used 6 cucumbers & a whole tub of sour cream