Weight loss teas

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm in desperate need to shed some weight and I was wondering if anyone had a weight loss tea that is effective and has helped them lose weight?
Let me know in the comments!

Also looking for some new active friends! Add me :)

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Eating at calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight.
    If your desperate to shed the weight then it takes being committed to tracking calories, staying at deficit and moving more.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Skip the teas its just gonna make you poop all day, and count your calories.
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit helps you lose fat.
    Weight loss teas make you poo.

They do? What is a good one for pooping?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the ingredients in "diet" teas.....laxatives &/or diuretics. These ingredients don't help you lose fat. .

Find a way to eat less food and move more (if you can). Do that consistently, and you will lose weight.
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes caloric deficit is the way to go. You could lose 1-2 lbs a week as long as you stay within your deficit calorie intake.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your hard earned money on that bogus stuff. Track your calories, don't go over your targets, move a little more each day!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    When you're desperate enough, you eat less and move more.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    All those teas do is make you poo and I wouldn't waste your money on those.

A calorie deficit and counting your calories will help you more than any of those so called "weight loss" teas ever would.
  • IzzyFlower2018
    IzzyFlower2018 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    kiki7765 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    I'm in desperate need to shed some weight and I was wondering if anyone had a weight loss tea that is effective and has helped them lose weight?
    Let me know in the comments!

Also looking for some new active friends! Add me :)

Holy Cow I am so drama oriented I saw the word tea and thought she meant like weight loss drama stories ha!
    dzf9bf4cjju7.png

Carry on, that is all.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Most of the fit, detox, and skinny teas contain either natural laxatives or diuretics. They cause you to drop water weight or waste very quickly but do not help with fat loss. Please be careful with teas that contain senna. They really shouldn't be used for more than a week.
  • MerryMavis1
    MerryMavis1 Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    odd what everyone is saying - tea is the cheapest thing to buy and drink...so cheap. even the exclusive teas...cheap.

OP specifically asked about weight loss teas to aid in weight loss. These kinds of teas are not regular black/green teas.

edited for grammar stuff.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    odd what everyone is saying - tea is the cheapest thing to buy and drink...so cheap. even the exclusive teas...cheap.
    @urloved33
    The thread is about so called "weight loss teas", laxatives or just plain old woo attaching magical properties to insignificant ingredients.

A bit different to losing weight WHILE drinking tea.

• mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Calories are the important part for losing weight as others have mentioned. And there are no magic potions. However, I can think of a couple quick reasons where tea can help with weight loss. Caffeine where coffee is just as good, can help suppress your appetite making it easier to meet your calorie goal. This has nothing to with nonsensical internet science that people try to sell you. The second being sleep. Sleep is very important for weight loss, some teas like chamomile can help you sleep. Also, some people who have trouble sleeping binge snack before bed to help them sleep. Having a sleepy time tea may help you sleep better and without that midnight snack. But yeah, as others have said all that stuff about thermogenic blah blah and metabolic blah blah is just nonsense and marketing.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Glorified laxative abuse. I don't get it at all. Taking laxatives when unnecessary causes lots of problems. I am living proof of it. You don't want to have to go through what I do now because 20 years ago I abused laxatives
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Tea is nice if you like tea. There is no tea on the entire planet that will cause you to lose weight, however. Tea does not have magical weight loss properties, no matter what the label on the box says.

If you drink tea instead of snacking, or if drinking tea helps you feel fuller, then you might find it easier to eat less. However, you can accomplish that with any tea you like. Don't spend money on "weight loss tea" unless you just love the taste of it.