Is Zumba really worth it?

Options
I want to buy the DVD set for Zumba, but it comes to about $120 CDN. I'm not quite sure if I should just wait till the classes start back up in September, or if I should order it. Help?

Replies

• Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i havent tried it, but have heard very good things about it, if you have an ebay account, the dvds sell a lot cheaper on that
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options
    I dont have it at home because I simply don't have the motivation here as I do in a live class. I do want to get the wii game though. I have lost 9 lbs and 22 1/4 inches since May 22 all because of Zumba. It is the only workout I do.
  • katietat
    katietat Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi ! I recently bought the DVDs and didn't find it that great.
    However I went to a class and I absolutely feel in love with it! The classes are so much better than the DVDs.
    You feel everyone's energy and the instructors are fun. It doesn't feel like working out at all!
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I don't have the videos but I do have the Zumba for the Wii and also have worked out to some Zumba videos on youtube. While the calorie burn & the sweat factor is still there, neither of these are as fun for me as the classes. Plus I find myself not putting as much effort into it as I would if I were in a class setting so I don't burn as much. But I've wondered about the actual dvds put out by the Zumba company so if you do try them let me know what you think!!
  • cnklapper
    cnklapper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Spend the money on the classes, not the DVDs! : )
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have not done them but have heard lots of great things about them. I would say try them because you never know what you will like. Everyone likes something different and I always recommend people trying workouts. Maybe try taking a class in your area.

Having said that I abolutely love Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire. Both are kickboxing/dance workouts and are so fun! Very similar to Zumba but different music. Just get moving!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and do it in a class and at home. I like the classes best. I lost 19.5" last month since I added Zumba to my exercise routine. 4" in my waist alone. Try taking a single class to see if you like it.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    zumba for wii was a waste of money. same for the dvds.
  • reinach31
    Options
    Hello,
    I bought the CD..l used for the first few weeks at home, but I rather do the classes.. It was more fun with more people! Plus the songs on the CD get pretty boring after a while.. you would have to mix your own SONGS.

My gym provide Zumba classes(part of the membership) so is worth it!

I love ZUMBA, but again, I enjoy it with the class.

Good luck!
  • mackenzienicole
    Options
    thank you very much everyone! i really appreciate it!
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have Wii zumba and I like it but I recently started taking a class and I love it. The class has a lot of energy and it is a better workout