Help. Plateau.

Hello. Need a little help. I am on a 1200 a day calorie intake and I go to the gym 5 days a week so cardio and free weights I don’t eat my extra calories but at the end of the week my body stalls and DOES NOT go down on the scale I’m a bout 5lbs from where I would love to be. Any tips???? THANK YOU

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    How long has it been since you lost weight? How are you measuring your calorie intake?
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Please eat your exercise calories. Assuming your calorie goal of 1200 - 300 exercise calories burned (just a guess for using as an example), you are only eating a net calorie intake of 900 calories. The absolute bare minimum calorie intake for a woman is 1200 per day, per MFP.

A stall or two when you're this close to hitting your weight goal is normal. Be patient. And eat your exercise calories, you need the fuel. And drink lots of water to keep you hydrated and prevent any water retention that is showing up as "weight" on the scale.
  • avilar1012
    avilar1012 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi. Yes I log my food in the app and also keep a journal and I use a scale I weigh everything and use measuring cups lol. I have been on this routine for a couple of months now
  • avilar1012
    Thank you I will try eating the exercise calories
  • avilar1012
    Thank you I will also try to change up the routine a bit!!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    avilar1012 wrote: »
    Thank you I will try eating the exercise calories

If you're not losing now eating more is not going to work.

that's true.
    there is no reason to eat back your exercise calories... especially since you're not really losing much. additionally, many people overestimate how many calories they burn anyway.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    OP, we don't have enough details to help you. How long has it been since you've lost weight? How much were you losing, on average, per week before that?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    o019wrd95nqx.jpg
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Opening your diary could help us spot any common logging errors.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    I have just lost 2lbs after a 3 week plateau - it felt like forever but if you are logging accurately and eating at defecit (hopefully also well so you are not always hungry) it has to come off. Just slower when you are so close to your end point. I am still aout 14lbs to my end target and it feels slow for me now - last 5lbs will need true determination. Slowly slowly is fine. NB Even though the scale wasn't moving my clothes were feeling looser - check your measurements
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    I am not sure how long it has been but I hit a plateau last week. But this week I have shown a 3 pound loss. I am in my healthy range but want to loose about 13 more pounds, except for that bump last week it has been ok.