NSV!!!

Options
Hi! I actually have two!!!

I work at a dental office and a regular 6 mth cleaning patient came in. This man LOOKS at me in disbelief and says, 'OMG, you are looking younger!!!! What are you doing???' When he was leaving, again, he kept looking at me and said I looked younger again!!! I was soooo jazzed the rest of the day!!!!

My other NSV...

Went to see Cowboys and Aliens the other night. My hubby likes to sit all the way up the stairs in the last row. Now, in the past, I would struggle to climb those steps. By the time I got to the top, I was huffin and a puffin needing to sit down.
Well, I thought 'I can take those stairs...' I waited for hubby to reach the top and I sprinted up those darn stairs!!!! I reached the top. I was NOT out of breath, I could talk normally AND I did not need to sit down....AMAZING for a 52 yr old lady with MS!!!!!

Just wanted to share. Keep up the good work...it does work! I am proof!!!!!
Thanks for listening! :wink:

Replies

• LadySassy
    LadySassy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome! Congratulations! This is very inspiring.....Thank You!
  • foremaar012
    Options
    way to go!! Bump!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational!! Thank you for sharing with us
  • RealMeSomeday
    Options
    uuummmm........ maybe it's cuz i'm new but what is nsv? she asked timidly....
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    Wow ! Very inspiring, keep up the great work !!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    That is such a great feeling. I remember my first time of climbing stairs without feeling as if I just ran a matrathon. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV's!!!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Those are both wonderful! Great job!!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I'm really impressed!

RealMeSomeday, it stands for Non Scale Victory. Everyone has to ask - it isn't just you. ;)
  • Dawnma65
    Options
    I'm lost too, what is NSV?

1774942.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • 4himalone
    Options
    Thanks guys! I was shocked to ahem.......ya know!!!!

I like that I look younger to this gentleman BUT the bigger one for me was the stairs. When the MS first hit, I went totally blind in each of my eyes twice and I had to use a wheelchair whenever I left the house because I could not walk!!!!!!
    Ya never know how important the things you take for granted are like your eyesight or your mobility UNTIL you do not have them. I do not take ANYTHING for granted anymore. One day you just might wake up and it might all change!!!!!
    (((HUGS)))
  • 4himalone
    Options
    I'm lost too, what is NSV?

1774942.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Hi! 'Non Scale Victory'
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! It's always great when you notice that you're starting to get more fit, and also when people that don't know you're trying to lose weight tell you you're looking good! :-)

And, this is off topic but do you have a Sphynx? I couldn't help but notice your profile picture! My little hairless girl is 13!
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Those are both lovely NSVs. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. :)
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV's, thank you for sharing!
  • RealMeSomeday
    Options
    That is such a great feeling. I remember my first time of climbing stairs without feeling as if I just ran a matrathon. Keep up the good work!!!!

love Love LOVE your avatar!! Brilliant!
  • twintea
    twintea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - hugs right back to you and thanks for inspiring along the "weigh" !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!