Protein shakes

Options
When I use one scoop, I find myself hungry and still wanting to eat. Today went two scoops and feeling full.

I'm wondering if there would be an issue with this?

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    depends on the ingredients and your sensitivity to them
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    When I use one scoop, I find myself hungry and still wanting to eat. Today went two scoops and feeling full.

I'm wondering if there would be an issue with this?

Did you only have a protein shake? That wouldn't keep me feeling full either (neither would 2 scoops)... Perhaps try eating a meal with other components.
  • tannic2k5465
    tannic2k5465 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb is no more than 2 scoops of protein a day - it's better to get your protein from whole food sources which will further aid in helping you keep full since it takes more/longer for your body to digest as opposed to liquid calories.

It's usually in the morning which breakfast has always been my weakness for grabbing something quick on the way. If two scoops a day is the limit than I should be fine.
  • tannic2k5465
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    depends on the ingredients and your sensitivity to them

All in one Nuritional Shake from Vega One.
  • tannic2k5465
    Options

Did you only have a protein shake? That wouldn't keep me feeling full either (neither would 2 scoops)... Perhaps try eating a meal with other components.

I'll work on that. Breakfast is sausage & eggs. I'm moving away from consuming so much meat. I've thought about fruit and yogurt. Tried oatmeal but I can't eat it everyday; I literally avoid it like a plague.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

I'll work on that. Breakfast is sausage & eggs. I'm moving away from consuming so much meat. I've thought about fruit and yogurt. Tried oatmeal but I can't eat it everyday; I literally avoid it like a plague.

I add protein to my yoghurt - I use natural yoghurt and the protein powder adds protein, sweetness and flavour.
  • 17brianb
    17brianb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use 2 scoops with 1 liter of water as meal replacement once per day. This keeps me feeling full, and I do not notice any reduced energy. I choose lunch because I am at work, busy, and do not have any temptations nearby. After 2 weeks my body has adjusted to this routine and I feel I am doing well. Banana, granola bar, 1 egg and coffee for breakfast, salad with low cal toppings and baked chicken for dinner. Keeping my calorie count at 1600 per day
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    From a weight loss point of view you can have as many scopes as you like as long as it fits your kcal target.

Problem is liquid nutrition isn’t going to make you feel full or full as long as whole foods and there is the lack of nutrients etc