Whoa! Thought this was a simple phone app. Turns out, It's t

Options
I don't really know why, but I felt inspired to share a little story about my new experience with MYFITNESSPAL. As of a month ago, I made some big changes in my life to get back on track with my fitness and health. I was getting really sloppy and borderline irresponsible with my lifestyle. I live in Las Vegas in my mid-20's and influences constantly pull me from all angles to do what I know I shouldn't be doing. I was smoking, drinking, and eating out of control.

So, to make a long story short, I've given it all up, perhaps indefinitely but at least temporarily, to get things back under control. I've done everything short of becomming a hermit. Now, I'm an avid gym goer and I'm trying to get back into sports and love them the way I used to love them when I could enjoy them for more than a few minutes before being layed out.

Anyway, I had started going to the gym daily and had been working out pretty extensively (at least 2 hours) and I hadn't really noticed a big drop in weight, which is what I'd really like the most. After a little introspection, I realized that I hadn't been tackling down the number of calories or types of nutrients I had been digesting. Ultimately, I looked for an app to count calories on my phone so I could keep track of my calories and it opened up this whole new world I hadn't been familiar with before.

So, I've lost 6 lbs. since I've started and I'm on my way! I'm 5'10" and was 198 lbs. I'm currently 192 and I'm trying to get to 175 before October 21st (my next big vacation.) Only difference about this time around is that I'm having fun doing it. I think that's what makes the difference.

Replies

• merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    awesome!! good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends. I'm in my 20s as well and definitely have the drinking and partying challenge to overcome at times
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss :)) hope you continue to do well!! good luck!
  • deaterrae
    deaterrae Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You're right about having fun. Connect with people here - we'll help keep you excited and encouraged. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep it up! Track your calories, slowly make changes to your eating and lifestyle and it works. Promise! :smile: