My knee hurts!!! HELP

Options
Do y'all have any thoughts to take care of a hurt knee. I did my c25k workout yesterday and woke up with my knee hurting. I've put icy hot on it and it helps until it wears off. I don't want to take any medicine unless its necessary because I'm breastfeeding. Any advice?

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Where does it hurt? What kind of pain is it? Does it hurt to put weight on it? Does it hurt to bend it? Did you feel a pop?

You can try ice, or heat.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Warm bath in Epsom salt, increase your water and protien to help your muscles heal. Light stretching usually helps too. Good luck!
  • jadi97
    jadi97 Posts: 26
    Options
    I.C.E

Ice it for 20 min on then 20 min off.

Compression, Wear an ace bandage when walking around.

Elevation, when your icing it elevate it above the level of your heart.

Take a rest day, and hopefully it should be feeling better the next day!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Mine has been hurting too and last night before bed I put heat on it for awhile then icy hot as I was getting ready for bed. My knee felt a lot better this morning when I got up compared to the last few days.
  • ajfranzen77
    Options
    If it's popping or tender at the joint see your doctor. I am still healing from surgery for a torn meniscus that I damaged some time ago. If this is what is wrong with you it will NOT get better on it's own!!!!!!!!! I let mine go to long and as a result did more damage to my knee.

Ice is always a good idea and elevate when you can. Good luck and I hope you feel better!!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I pulled the side muscle in my knee and took about 3 days to heal. Lots of ice!! I also took Advil at night before bed, which helped me relax it and sleep at night. I also wore a knee brace while excessive movement. Take it easy, and it will heal. Ice, Ice, Ice!!