Protein Powder

Options
Can anyone tell me of a good tasting protein powder that they use. I want to get some but am afraid of getting one that tates bad! Also, where do you get it at?

Replies

• imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me of a good tasting protein powder that they use. I want to get some but am afraid of getting one that tates bad! Also, where do you get it at?
  • Maybaby
    Options
    Aria Women's Protein Powder. I get the Vanilla. It's amazing, I'm drinking it in a fruit smoothie right now :)...got it from Trader Joe's.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I buy the big bag at Costco. Vanilla. I tend to only use it when I make smoothies, so the the flavor is lightened up by the fruit and Diet 7Up, but it's good.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    MRM whey...both the vanilla and the dutch chocolate are the best tasting of all I have tried...I put the dutch chocolate in some fage yogurt.....just like chocolate pudding...the vanilla tastes so good I can eat it with a spoon....yummm..I get mine at Henry's market but I think it is also available elsewhere
  • coachkathy
    Options
    I just bought Jay Robb's Strawberry 100% whey Protein Powder. It's all natural/no sweeteners or preservatives of any kind. 1 serving has 25g protein. There is no after taste at all. I mix it with a cup of cold skim milk - great way to get a huge serving of protein.

I have also used Aria Vanilla Protein Powder for women. There isn't as much protein in it though. I use it to sprinkle in my cereal & yogurt.
  • coachkathy
    Options
    MRM whey...both the vanilla and the dutch chocolate are the best tasting of all I have tried...I put the dutch chocolate in some fage yogurt.....just like chocolate pudding...the vanilla tastes so good I can eat it with a spoon....yummm..I get mine at Henry's market but I think it is also available elsewhere

What is MRM?
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I get mine at GNC (raspberry and vanilla).. they taste ok and are apparently good for weight loss.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

What is MRM?

oh sorry...MRM is the name of the company that makes it
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I really like cytosport whey protein...they also make muscle milk depending on what you are looking for... they have the traditional cocc, van, straw, but also have strawbanana and cookies and creme.. I really like them
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use Gold Standard Delicious Strawberry and also the Cookies & Cream. Then I also have GNC Chocolate Carmel...I buy them all at GNC and find them to be delicious. I mix them with water and also use to make my protein pancakes. They will usually have a Buy One get one Half Off sale too...Plus, if you buy a GNC membership(usually $15 per year), you can save an additional 20% the first 7 days of every month so it makes it pretty reasonable.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress at Walmart. Cheap too.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Another good thing about buying from GNC is that they have a pretty good return policy... If you do happen to buy a product that you just can't stomache the taste of, bring it back with a receipt and they'll let you exchange it for something else... Just as long as you haven't used up a whole bunch of it, of course!!!:happy:
  • anabellebf
    Options
    For Canadians, I use the Shopper's Drug Mart Life Sportzone Whey Protein Isolate - the protein/total weight ratio is close to cytosport's, and all whey proteins have that aftertaste that is easily hidden by a banana! Anyway that's how I do it, in a banana smoothie. And the price is affordable, too.
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your input. Hopefully get some this weekend!