Halo Top Caramel Macchiato

Options
jfan175
jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
edited April 2018 in Food and Nutrition
...has got to be the most awful, horrid tasting excuse for food ever invented.

Replies

• zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I also hated it :s
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I never even finished a halo top. I just don't like them at all. Now enlightened ice cream, I haven't been able to get enough of. Haven't found a flavor I don't like yet. About to dig into some chocolate peanut butter shortly.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I never even finished a halo top. I just don't like them at all. Now enlightened ice cream, I haven't been able to get enough of. Haven't found a flavor I don't like yet. About to dig into some chocolate peanut butter shortly.

I love Enlightened too, but can't find pints of it anywhere in the stores. All they have is the bars - which are good, but I'd rather have pints.
  • melissa6771
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @AnvilHead

Where do you live? I have found the pints in a lot of stores. Not always a grea selection but wegmans has most of them, just not the new ones. They have a chart with who has the new ones. Weird that you can find the bars and not the pints. Email them. I did and they're good about answering. They told me who had a flavor I was looking for. Had to drive 15-20 min but hey, what the hell, why not.. I'm eating the chcolate peanut butter right now and for me, it is so much better than halo tops chocolate pb.

g3thps3m3ven.jpg
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    @AnvilHead

Where do you live? I have found the pints in a lot of stores. Not always a grea selection but wegmans has most of them, just not the new ones. They have a chart with who has the new ones. Weird that you can find the bars and not the pints. Email them. I did and they're good about answering. They told me who had a flavor I was looking for. Had to drive 15-20 min but hey, what the hell, why not.. I'm eating the chcolate peanut butter right now and for me, it is so much better than halo tops chocolate pb.

We have an Albertsons and Safeway in our town, none of the others. I've checked both and haven't seen them yet, I check every time we go in. Smith's carries the bars, but I haven't seen the pints in there yet (we don't shop there that often, but I check every time we go in there).

Not a big deal for me, as I like Halo Top well enough. I'll be patient until the Enlightened pints start showing up, lol.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Enlightened's Movie Night sounds... Not delicious. Has anyone tried it?
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I love enlightened , but man oh man does it go right through me!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    jfan175 wrote: »
    ...has got to be the most awful, horrid tasting excuse for food ever invented.

WTF???? That's like the best flavour I tried

Exactly!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I had the caramel macchiato in my hand yesterday but decided to forgo the pint of Halo's I usually buy weekly.
    Never tried the caramel macchiato, now I don't know whether I should or not.
    I love vanilla bean and mint chip.
    I will have to look for Enlightened brand. I have never noticed it.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    My current Halo Top favorites are Candy Bar and Mochi Green Tea. With Peanut Butter Cup, Oatmeal Cookie and Mocha Chocolate Chip close behind. The Mochi Green Tea could use more mochi and the PB Cup could use more peanut butter, but then they wouldn't be low calorie anymore.

The PB cup and oatmeal are my fave halo top! The epic movie night in enlightened so far, still don't have any of the "New" flavors yet. First world problems I guess! LOL
  • SephiraAllen
    SephiraAllen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Caramel Macchiato is my favorite one, especially given that it's under 300 calories for the whole pint. My grocery store has been out for a couple weeks though and it makes me sad.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

I agree 100% with you
  • teaNcrumpets_
    teaNcrumpets_ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was surprised that I like halo top. I thought it was going to taste awful. Peanut butter cup is my fav one
  • athompson187
    athompson187 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal cookie is my go-to. I’ll try the macchiato. Haven’t ever tried Enlightened but I’ll grab one of those too. Good lookin out!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    To be honest, it depends on the pint for me. Half the time it tastes horribly artificial, the rest of the time it's ok... same for Enlightened. So I just don't bother anymore.
  • melissa6771
    Options
    I was surprised that I like halo top. I thought it was going to taste awful. Peanut butter cup is my fav one

If you like the halo top chocolate PB try the enlightened one, it's way better. The chocolate ice cream tastes more chocolate and the peanut butter swirl is perfect, a little salty and tastes like real peanut butter, like the peanut butter swirl in friendly's peanut butter cup if you've ever had that. I'm going to buy a couple more of that flavor.

Dani9585 wrote: »

I have, it was the first enlightened I tried, it's actually really good. The base flavor is not super buttery tasting, kind of mellow, with caramel swirls and chocolate chips. It's yummy. Bought two more of those already.

• teaNcrumpets_
    teaNcrumpets_ Posts: 15 Member
    Options

If you like the halo top chocolate PB try the enlightened one, it's way better. The chocolate ice cream tastes more chocolate and the peanut butter swirl is perfect, a little salty and tastes like real peanut butter, like the peanut butter swirl in friendly's peanut butter cup if you've ever had that. I'm going to buy a couple more of that flavor.

I have, it was the first enlightened I tried, it's actually really good. The base flavor is not super buttery tasting, kind of mellow, with caramel swirls and chocolate chips. It's yummy. Bought two more of those already.

I haven’t heard of enlightened? Is it in the uk? Halo top has only just come out over here. I haven’t tried any other type of low calorie ice cream yet. Anything peanut butter flavour is my fav!
  • melissa6771
    Options

I haven’t heard of enlightened? Is it in the uk? Halo top has only just come out over here. I haven’t tried any other type of low calorie ice cream yet. Anything peanut butter flavour is my fav!

Im in the states, not sure if it's the U.K. or not. You could look on their website or email them. They're very good about answering emails and also questions on their Facebook page. I love peanut butter too. I also bought their peanut butter ice cream with chocolate chips but have not tried that one yet. I have a bunch in my freezer that I haven't gotten to. Eating about half of one a day so it's going to take me a while to taste them all. lol I'm going to try the oatmeal cookie crunch tonight.