20 + percent body fat so can I keep my fat in macros to just 20 percent?

Options

I m on a recomp plan and want to keep fat low as possible because I have 20 + body fat hence can my macros be 50 carbs and 30 protien and 30 Fats ?

Also do I need to do cardio on a non workout day to improve body composition? I m on a 3 non consecutive total body work out plan .

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    As stated your macros add up to 110%.

The 2010 WHO expert committee on dietary fat intake established a (customarily) acceptable range of 20 to 35% for fats with a lower acceptable range of 15% and an upper acceptable range of 35% as their recommendations. Saturated fats have an upper acceptable range of 10% and trans-fats an upper *limit* of less than 1%.

For more information about fats than you'd ever want to see: http://foris.fao.org/preview/25553-0ece4cb94ac52f9a25af77ca5cfba7a8c.pdf
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    MassarDv wrote: »

I m on a recomp plan and want to keep fat low as possible because I have 20 + body fat hence can my macros be 50 carbs and 30 protien and 30 Fats ?

Also do I need to do cardio on a non workout day to improve body composition? I m on a 3 non consecutive total body work out plan .

you dont need to do lower fat percentages unless you have a health issue where your body cant digest or process or you have high cholesterol or some other issue. low fat isnt going to lower body fat. now protein is another subject but that also isnt written in stone.
  • MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Body fat percentage isn't down how much dietary fat you eat - fat can only make you fat in a calorie surplus.

You do cardio exercise for cardiovascular health and fitness - which are two good things!
    Your body composition changes at maintenance are primarily down to how much muscle you can add over time.

No you can't have percentages of 50/30/30 as that equals 110%.

Sorry it was 50 30 20and I m going to correct it in my first post
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Assuming that you are counting calories, you really don't need to worry about fat or carbs. If you are restricting fats, you should be careful that you are still getting the healthy minimum, but most people who don't make an effort to restrict fat or go super low calorie are fine there. Keeping up your protein and resistance training will help with body composition, but cardio doesn't really have anything to do with how your body looks other than helping to burn calories assuming you don't eat more to compensate.
  • MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Assuming that you are counting calories, you really don't need to worry about fat or carbs. If you are restricting fats, you should be careful that you are still getting the healthy minimum, but most people who don't make an effort to restrict fat or go super low calorie are fine there. Keeping up your protein and resistance training will help with body composition, but cardio doesn't really have anything to do with how your body looks other than helping to burn calories assuming you don't eat more to compensate.

Thanks mate !