Starting now. T25 kettle bells, chicken, cabbage, water

Options
Hi

Getting started.
Hydration around 3 litres daily (using an app)
Exercise: 4 days T25, 3 days kettle belld, 1 day yoga
Diet: cabbage soup with chicken chickpeas assort d veges and green smoothies and probiotics (kefir kombucha)

Keeping it simple and sticking to this for a few months before changing.

Starting point

Currently within my normal weight range... Goal is a lower body fat toning weightless.. will gety numbers too.

God bless

Replies

• happyfulfillment
    happyfulfillment Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do you hate yourself?

?????????????

Come again??
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Keeping it simple... I don't think it means what you think it means.
  • happyfulfillment
    Options
    Keeping it simple... I don't think it means what you think it means.

hmm..enlighten me

cryptic comments galore here :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Simple, IMO: To lose weight - eat less, move more. Eat food you like, log it, hit your calorie goal. For good health, eat a varied and balanced diet.
  • happyfulfillment
    Options
    Simple, IMO: To lose weight - eat less, move more. Eat food you like, log it, hit your calorie goal. For good health, eat a varied and balanced diet.

Oh,ok, that's pretty obvious actually.

I am eating less and moving more, and I love these foods; that's why I eat them. I have almost NO cravings, and when I do occasionally want something 'junk' I let myself have a smal portion of biscuit or whatever without guilt, as I'm in it for the long haul.

I am under my calorie goal pretty much daily, maybe one day over. It is varied, as I obviously I can't mention everything I eat in one post but I mentioned staples and regulars. It is very simple for me, actually, minimum food prep time, healthy food I love and I love my exercise.

So I don't really see what the issue is.
  • happyfulfillment
    Options
    Do you hate yourself?

I have done enough inner work that food does not equate love in my book... :) Do you feel a lot of junk food denotes aiuthentic self love? mystified
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Your diet lacks variety and calories.

There are no rest days in your exercise plan.
  • happyfulfillment
    Options
    Posting here lookng for:

-People doing similar exercise : T25, kettlebells, JustDance, :Yoga, etc
    -people eating healthy as a general rule and already over the cravings / self control battles for the most part

(based on the *very brief* phrases I posted as an idea above)

To connect with.

All irrelevant posts and timewasters being ignored, with all due respect. :smile: My time is precious.

Thanks!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    The diet you mention in tour first post is NOT healthy, as it is lacking in essential nutrients, including fats.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ever stick to something that restrictive.

What is the point?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Posting here lookng for:

-people eating healthy as a general rule and already over the cravings / self control battles for the most part

To connect with.

Making this the OP would probably have got you better responses. :flowerforyou:
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I think people are responding to the very restrictive plan you’ve set for yourself. The culture here leans towards:

1. Eating to meet your calorie goals, keeping nutrition and enjoyment in mind.

2. Exercising for long-term health and body composition.

The overarching idea is that weight-control is a life-long pursuit, and such severe limitations are usually unsustainable in the short and mid-term, and unhealthy in the long-term.

I wish you luck in whatever path you choose.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    Diet: cabbage soup with chicken chickpeas assort d veges and green smoothies and probiotics (kefir kombucha)

I guess if you love these foods and no other ones and you are eating to correct calorie level, that is fine.

I think you need more variety to ensure a balanced diet though if you are intending to eat only this for a few months.
    That is the thing about nutrients - you get a variety of them from a variety of foods. A too restrictive diet for too long is likely to be missing some.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    wfd5x66a4pgd.png

When I was aiming to lose .5-1lb per week this is an example of macros and foods I ate.

Just in case you didn't realize that you can eat a snack food and still lose weight. It is all about the deficit.
    I ate the same thing M-F then switched it up for the next week because it was too much meal planning to do more than 1 lunch and dinner per week for me
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Posting here lookng for:

(based on the *very brief* phrases I posted as an idea above)

To connect with.

All irrelevant posts and timewasters being ignored, with all due respect. :smile: My time is precious.

Thanks!

I eat healthfully (as do many others here, including others who have commented above).

I also sometimes eat cabbage soup, chicken, chickpeas, and green smoothies, and enjoy kefir and kombucha. (Once I get my garden going, my next project will be to learn to make both of those at home, I understand it's easy.) I also always eat a ton of vegetables of a wide variety (giving precedence to what's in season, but right now that's nothing much, where I am).

However, I eat other foods too (a huge variety, and daily -- among other things, you are leaving out fruit (including avocado, which more often than not goes in my green smoothies), fish and other seafood, oats, eggs, nuts and seeds, and beans and lentils, as well as olives and olive oil, all of which I eat quite often), and understand why people found the idea that you were embarking on a diet made up only of those foods to be not healthy and rather depressing. If you eat those foods because you enjoy them (like I said, I do too), why would you need to define them as your diet? It seems as if you are thinking there's some benefit to having so restrictive a diet. And given the existence of the "cabbage soup diet," that would not be shocking -- lots of people think losing weight requires following some weird limited diet.
  • happyfulfillment
    Options
    Hello, all

Thank you for taking the time, all of you, to comment and share your views.

I love this MFP community where I learn so much from so many threads with many diverse opinions and views, and I love the spirit of everyone sharing their 2 cents.

Much appreciate all the input on my thread, from everyone. A lot of useful perspectives and information.

I posted from the phone, and don't like typing on a phone so I was probably really brief.

I agree that what I posted does seem a bit gloomy and restrictive.

My diary is public and I log everything, btw and I do welcome feedback.

At that time I'd just hit upon cabbage soup; I make bone broth daily for the health benefits, and my own kombucha, sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir etc as well, and I love smoothies (assorted veggies and fruits, usually carrots beets and greens, with some kombucha for flavor and the prebiotic-probiotic combo and fresh vitamins).

So I thought, veggie soups are filling and I have the bone broth, so I"ll make cabbage soup daily.

What I do is make the bone broth, then add grated/chopped veggies, usually cabbage or other stuff. A cup of this is healthy filling and low calorie.

For variety I add different spices or condiments and different veggies each time, and sometimes eat it with kimchi, sometimes with sauerkraut.

For protein I might add cottage cheese, chicken, or chopped liver (Weston A Price recommends offal for various nutritional benefits), chickpeas, sprouted mung beans, or whatever is on hand.

For minerals I have seaweed (the kind you rehydrate, a variety of seaweed in one bag)

For breakfast it can be eggs or oats. Usually cooked a different way each time, boiled, poached etc. The oats I add chocolate or chopped nuts of fruits or, like I found recently on MFP, the pumpkin oats bowl, etc.

My kefir shakes usually do have some fruit / honey. Vanilla kefir, strawberry kefir, orange kefir, so many wonderful options!

I use full fat milk as I know especially women need to have healthy fats. I also take black seed oil daily in my morning lemon tea. I start the day with a date and hot lemon tea, pre breakfast, for detox and energy. I have peanut butter for so many different uses, too.

I;m continually varying and adding to the diet. For example, I generally buy several trays of chicken drumsticks, marinate and freeze, leaving a few in the fridge. These can be steamed or boiled in maybe 10 minutes, and my daughter and I eat these often. Can vary what we eat it with yogurt, ketchup, bread, veggies, etc.

I had marinated fish trays in the fridge for a couple of weeks. Right now it's chopped liver as well.

3plus litres of water keeps me happy so I am working on staying there (when I lifted weights 1hour + a day 6 days a week on the Jamie Eason plan, I was easily drinking 4.5 + litres of water daily)

When lifting at the gym I used to make Jamie Eason's awesome muffins (chicken muffins, almond/cocount flour muffins, with protein powder etc). So we'd bake lots of muffins on the weekend and one was sufficient for a meal, so it was just take and go (finished fast, though with two kids in the house!)

I have a scale but not very OCD or measuring much right now.

I suppose by keeping it simple I mean having such staples as I described above, prepping in batches, and varying the meals with condiments and sides and changing up what we take out of the freezer that's already marinated. Chickpea cans are so convenient (for the record my brother in law was super obese with a very important corporate job and before marrying my sister he lived on chickpeas hiked and basically worked with a dietitan to reach an awesome physique. It was mainly chickpeas to keep it simple and manageable, though I'm sure there was other stuff too.)

I"ve made hummus with these, which has yet more ways it can be used for variety.

So around these staples we do have a lot of variety, but having regulars makes it easy to plan and put together a meal, which saves time. Getting complicated makes it harder to stick to things.

I do love cabbage / veggie soup as it's healthy and delicious and quick to make.

Though I am not very much doing numbers right now, as I did before calculating every little thing, I am gradually finetuning all aspects and not over obsessing.

As for rest days, I have Sundays off; 6 days T25 and of those days I'll be introducing kettle bells three alternate days as I rebuild condition after being away from working out a while. Rest day is for yoga, which I love so much.

Down with fever for a few days, so implementing this stuff after a short break with T25.

No supplements or protein powder right now, except ALA, I used to take a whole lot and I will build that regimen up too, but organically, with time, as and when suits, as I work from home and want my focus on work.

So I guess the initial post may have seemed extreme, but I assure you aI am not living on cabbage soup only :)

Thanks for the feedback, all, and best of luck on your journeys!

Blessings <3