Grocery List ideas

Options
hey guys so making my grocery list tonight . Can you guys give me some of your ideas on good things or stables you use in your house? I have my own and stuff but just thinking some better or different ideas. It can be for snacks or lunch, I always cook a meal at night so fine with that. Just snack and lunch ideas! Thanks in advance :bigsmile:

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Snacks: apples with natural pb, applesauce, bananas with natural pb, hummus and carrots, protein shakes smoothie, celery and natural pb..... Sorry, drawing a blank can't think of any more.
  • eruczyn1
    eruczyn1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Fiber One Brownies and Chewy Bars (90 cals each, and yummy!). Also, chickpeas if you have the patience to cook them up right (I do not hahah), are good to snack on. I also snack on a few chocolate chips every now and then when I'm craving chocolate- a little better than full blown candy bars. :-)
  • deadliftdavie1918
    deadliftdavie1918 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are apples with peanut butter, bananas, and string cheese. My kids love them too so I have to keep them stocked. Sometimes I will drizzle honey on strawberries for their dessert, or tonight we cut up kiwi and mixed it with vanilla lowfat yogurt. Yum!
  • mlbroad1
    mlbroad1 Posts: 14
    Options
    HERES A LOW CARB SITE MY DAUGHTER SENT TO ME GREAT RECIPES

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/lowcarb-entrees.html
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I always make sure there is plenty of fresh fruit in my fridge...Also, raw nuts such as almonds, walnuts and sunflower seeds...Great for when you need a protein 'pick me up'...I also keep light yogurt on hand because it's great if I am craving pudding...Good luck on your journey..!!...
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    baby carrots, cottage cheese, cheese snacks, almonds, blueberries, greek yogurt
  • Bethyi
    Bethyi Posts: 2
    Options
    This might be obvious, but apples. I eat like five bags of apples a week.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    staples for me:

oatmeal (the kind in the giant container, not flavored - i just eat it with some splenda and cinnamon)
    flour (i make TONS of homemade bread)
    bananas
    berries (or in-season fruit, i'm a blueberry kick right now though)
    eggs (i hard boil them)
    carton of egg whites (for omelets, and it lasts forever)
    drink flavor mix (lemonade - it's a great way to get all my water for the day)
    tofu or meat of some kind
    2% cottage cheese (or cottage cheese with pineapple, yum)
    frozen veggies - i eat tons of these
    red leaf lettuce/iceberg lettuce
    plain greek yogurt (zoi is cheaper, but chobani is yummier)

that's about all i remember but i think that's basically it. i periodically "specialty shop" (when i go to the grocery store for something random that isn't on my list) for something i've run out of like skim milk or something prepared when i'm feeling too lazy to cook.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I love salad so I always have salad fixings in the frige. I like to make other type salads too like green beans, tomatoes, red onion and a protein. Try other type salads that you can mix on your own. I make bean salads too. I have started making my own salad dressings too. I do buy but mostly my own. I like the frozen vegetables ex. chinese vegetables becasue easy to microwave at work and I can add shrimp, or tofu, or organic chicken for protein. I usually add extra broccoli florets. I like the Shirataki noodles for lunch too. Tuna. Sandwhich wraps with hummus and veggies. In the winter I make a lot of soups.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    wow u guys rule!!!! I def am taking some of these ideas with me tomorrow:)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Veggies: jicama, carrots, celery, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, onions, turnips, mushrooms, field greens, spinach, romaine lettuce
    herbs, etc: garlic, mint, sage, basil, oregano, chives, thyme (all fresh) actually, I grow all of these at home

fruits: apples, strawberries, blueberries, nectarines, peaches, grapes, avocado, lemons, limes

bulk aisle and raw nuts: cashews, almonds, peanuts,flax seed, nutritional yeast, soy flour, soy nuts, pumpkin seeds

dairy: plain Greek yogurt, raw milk cheese, eggs, butter, shirataki noodles, tofu

spices and oils: a variety of mrs dash, garam masala, turmeric, sea salt, olive oil, coconut oil, pepper, paprika, chili powder, cinnamon

meat and seafood: chicken breast, turkey breast, shrimp, flounder, tuna, salmon, tilapia, cod, calamari, ground buffalo

that's the bulk of what I keep on hand in the house