How do i calculate marinade?

Options
So I've started using these awesome Mrs. Dash marinades but I don't know how to add it to my food diary. I marinade my chicken over night then grill it the next day but most of it drips off into the grill. So should I add like a tablespoon? More? I dunno, suggestions welcome!:smile:

Replies

• cpowell40
    Options
    Hey! I am not sure myself ,but I always count the tbs. (usually 1 or 2,) in with my diet. It seems to work out alright...
  • laurelei09
    laurelei09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Have you Googled "Mrs. Dash Marinade Calories" or anything like that to see if someone else has calculated it? Other times I do different searches here in the food database... "Mrs Dash" "Marinades" ... things like that?
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Weigh or measure out the marinade ingredients before you add your meat to it. After you've pulled the meat out of the marinade, weigh or measure the marinade again... divide the "used" portion between your number of portions that you are grilling.

That should work well.
  • PanzaDiaries
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I think I'll just add a two tablespoons per chicken breast. I only eat half a breast at a time so I'll just add one tbs to each serving. That seems fair to me lol