Will you be my partner?

Options
I'm looking for a partner to run a leg of the Disney Marathon Relay in January 2012 in Orlando. Anyone interested? You don't have to be fast-just looking for someone who will finish so we can get out medals. Here are the dets.

Chip and Dale, Donald Duck's old adversaries, have been on their best scheming chipmunk behavior and have teamed up to host the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Marathon Relay in 2012. The inaugural event will split the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Marathon course between a 2-person relay team so that each person runs a half marathon.

The Relay will be conducted simultaneously with the Marathon, therefore an individual may not register to compete in both races.* Runner 1 will start the race at Epcot® and run through Magic Kingdom® Park to the exchange zone in the parking lot where they will have their own finish for completing their half marathon leg. Runner 2 will then begin their leg and race through Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios™, and Epcot® on their way to the finish line. After finishing their portion of the race, Runner 1 will be transported to Epcot® to reunite with Runner 2 after they have crossed the finish line.

Replies

• PuddinBelly
    Options
    What an awesome race, i'd totally run it if I wasn't on the otherside of the world. Good luck.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    I did the half-marathon last year. I'll be running the half on Saturday and hopefully the relay on Sunday...if I can just find a sucker to do it.

oh and it is cool. Just you the road and 28,000 randoms.
  • laurenpence
    Options
    if i lived closer I would!
  • JordanM407
    Options
    Have you found anyone to run with. I am only interested in doing the second half of the relay. My time is 2:30. I have done many of the Disney Half marathons and really enjoy them. (Except for the year that we had sleet!)
  • cakeheidi
    Options
    Hello I am Heidi,
    I am a walk/run person mostly walk. I will finish half of this... My Hubby does the Goofy this is his 5th year It would be great to get a medal he wont get. I have a 15 min mile. Once I warm up it gets faster. Just FYI I was paralyezd in Feb from a virus, neck down and have 98% recovered. I need a partner also, so I can prove to myself I can do it.
    Let me know either way thanks.
    Heidi
  • JordanM407
    Options
    Heidi,
    Have you found anyone yet? I would love to do this race. Could I do the first half?