Hurt my back so not working out today

Options
Hi everyone: I have a 4 month old baby and bent over to put her in the play pen and hurt my back. I am not going to work out today because I have a running class tomorrow and don't want to hurt it anymore :sad: I am keeping my calories at 1200 (or just above) for today... In your opinions, is this the best way to do it if you don't work out? Thanks! :smooched:

Replies

• helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone: I have a 4 month old baby and bent over to put her in the play pen and hurt my back. I am not going to work out today because I have a running class tomorrow and don't want to hurt it anymore :sad: I am keeping my calories at 1200 (or just above) for today... In your opinions, is this the best way to do it if you don't work out? Thanks! :smooched:
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Get better soon!

What is your "minimum" caloric intake? That is the one I would stick to.
  • Julie837
    Options
    Hi, as someone who has her her back with some frequency, you should 1st, use ice, not heat, if you use anything the first 48 hours, 2nd, use ibuprofren, not tylenol, etc, 3rd, don't baby it too much. Try to keep moving, though no more bending over for awhile. Bed rest is the new no-no. Also, it keeps your calories burning, at least a little, until your next workout Hope you feel better, julie
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys. It feels much better today so I am going out for a run soon, but it has snowed here so I will have to be careful! Happy Valentines Day to you lovely ladies :flowerforyou: