Is upgrading to the premium worth the $?

Options
fanaticka
fanaticka Posts: 5 Member
Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the difference between the free version of this app versus the premium version.

I have read what you get with the premium version but I'm failing to see how it would be truly beneficial for me.

Hoping that your Insight will help me make this decision and for anyone else thinking about the same thing. Thank you!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It really depends on whether or not you will use the specific features or not. Some people find them to be very useful, others not. I don't think anybody can answer if it will be worth it *for you*. Do you see features that you think would be helpful?
  • fanaticka
    fanaticka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not really only because most of it I can figure out on my own if I really wanted the info. But I may be missing the benefits. I mean, I see you get more specific nutrient goals and monitoring but for someone just starting out, I doubt if have much use for that.

Thank you for your reply!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You have to decide if the features are worth it. To me I have no need for any of them, so I don't pay for premium. Not to mention all the problems that have escalated in the past 3-4 weeks...I definitely wouldn't pay if they keep up.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    No
  • xxzoiiexx
    xxzoiiexx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not really imho
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I've been here 6 years, I've never seen the need for it...
  • schubaccah
    schubaccah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I ponied up for the benefit of ad free but mostly because this app is something I use frequently, has evolved over the years and is extremely useful to me - I want to be able to contribute to help keep it growing.
  • iancity
    iancity Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think, for me personally, the free bit is great for just losing weight. If (when) I want to delve further and look at my macros then I may consider the premium version as worth it as I think it lets you take a closer look at the food you consume
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I enjoy tweaking my percentages and goals, and using the macros and nutritional breakdowns to show me better options.
  • mshidfar2018
    mshidfar2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    calorie count is the main parameter for managing weight .but keep in mind if your daily diet calorie is in check but it consist of sugary food it gets very hard to follow the diet .so free version is enough if you choose wisely what food you are eating. protein,complex carbohydrates,fibers,healthy fats ,vitamines and minerals all must be consumed in proper amount
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I have paid for the last two years. Added value is fairly minimal. They do answer my tech questions.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I like it better, but it's still very doable if you stick with the free for a few months and see if you are happy with it, or if you find the extra features, such as exporting reports, or changing goals by day, or picking what you are tracking, to be something you could really use.
  • michaelwyatt8262
    michaelwyatt8262 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think it's mostly useful if you are body building and wanting to see your macro nutrients. Like keeping tabs on your protein intake and stuff. If you are wanting to build muscle you need to see the nutrient breakdown of your meals. But as far as for me? (and most people) just keeping a simple accountability of our calories and eating somewhat healthy and being physically active (which can all be kept account for in the free version) premium really isn't worth it. I mean, unless you just want to support the app and get rid of ads. But actual usage wise. I think it's more beneficial to body builders than just somebody that wants to stay slim/healthy.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would use the features, but I have considered it, because this site is so useful. I just don't currently have the spare cash to do so.
  • knighton78
    knighton78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I upgraded just because I can print all my daily logs and give them to my trainer so he can study my eating habits. Other than that I think it’s all about the same.