HELP ME PLEASE!

Options
Over last summer I lost 30 pound and was so proud.
I gained this back over this year and am upset and i want to lose it but i can't find the motivations to do it.
I really need some motivational things to get me going and some tips to help me throught this. DIET TIPS ARE ALWAYS NEEDED.:)
I am big in to running and also rowing on the water and the erg...so if you have any goood workouts please share with me tooo.
I seem to do goood furing the day but late at night I get so hungry I eat...any tips to stop that?

Thank you so much.

Replies

• bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    Well, you lost 30 pounds before; you can certainly do it again!

I also have late-night cravings as well. To curb them, drink water. It helps fill you up. Or, just ask yourself whether a two-second satisfaction is worth damaging your health.

Here is a good diet plan you may follow: http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20488303,00.html

Remember: You can accomplish anything you set your mind to!

And can you please respond to mine? Thanks!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/315108-weight-loss-help
  • sawalter68
    sawalter68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For the late night snacking (after dinner) I do a couple of things. One - I go to bed early. Two - drink a glass of hot water with fresh lemon juice. Nothing tastes good with this. The other trick I use sometimes is to put the teeth whitening strips on. No food with those puppies on your teeth. love and admire that you are a runner. Something I have always wanted to love but just can't get there. I have settled for run/walk combination. Set reasonable goals and start logging - it always helps to see what you put into your mouth. Jsut don't be hard on yourself if you slip up. As women we seem to be so hard on ourselves when we make mistakes.
  • kimmer070467
    Options
    I have the same problem... I do great all day and at night is when I get the munchies.... I've done alot better since I started drinking Shakeology during the day.... It helps reduce cravings and helps regulate your blood sugar levels, gives you loads of energy and helps you lose weight. If you want anymore info you can email me at kimmer070467@aol.com.
    Drink lots of water at night and sometimes a cup of peppermint tea at night helps too. If you need a good workout I know of quite a few. Let me know if I can help!!!
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Night eating has always been my problem as well. But for motivation I don't think about weight loss, I think of how I want to FEEL. I want to be healthy, I don't want to die young. I want to be active and enjoy life. SO... I am trying to eat healthy and get proper exercise.

I think the exercise is the most important thing.

I also think that MFP, by rewarding me with some more calories motivates me to exercise.

I wish you the best of luck on your pursuit of GOOD HEALTH.
  • matticrew
    Options
    Thank you guys.
    Keep the tips coming:)
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Do you know why you get the munchies at night? Are you truly hungry? Maybe you just need something to do with your hands or are you an emotional eater? I have that problem but recently discovered that it hit me a lot when my hub was out of town. He travels a lot for work. I ate because I was bored and feeling lonely. Plus I was watching TV a lot. I haven't really had that problem much now that I know why it happens. I have since kept myself busy on MFP at nights and exercising instead of watching TV. I usually know if I'm really hungry depending on my cals for the day and how much water I've had. I don't know if that helps you at all. I just wanted to throw out another perspective. Whatever the reason, you know you can do it because you've done it before. There are so many people out here who will support you and give you so much info, if you need it. Good luck on your journey and add me if you'd like! I always love having new friends!!!
  • matticrew
    Options
    This was very helpful. Thank you!
  • matticrew
    Options
    keep coming with the tips:)
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hello, im sorry to hear about yur weight gain. Don't worry i no u can do this.......yu are a night eater it sounds. Maybe if u start eating fruits at night like oranges it might help with night hunger. I usually grab a fruit at night when im hungry. U can add me as a friend if u like......lets do this together. we all are here for u .So SMILE, U ARE SPECIAL.
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    Another thing to try is to get your calories in early. Eat breakfast, then have a snack, eat lunch then have a snack (all with in a few hours of each other) eat dinner. Drink your 64+ ounces of water throught the day. If you get a regimen of eating in, by the time its night time, you ll only want a small snack. I used to be a heavy night time snacker, now i try to eat some fruit or yogurt or cottage cheese a couple hours after dinner. By the time I m on the couch vegging late at night I m pretty satisfied. Not everyone is the same, but a consitent eating schedule will help in the long run. If you are hungry during the day, eat, dont fight it. If you go through the day not feeling satisfied, chances are when night time rolls around you re gonna get those cravings. Good luck with it!
  • matticrew
    Options
    Thanks guys this is helping a lot!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to go against what the others have been saying (haven't read the responses yet).

I KNOW that I will want to snack at night, so I make sure that I leave some calories to have something at night. Since I work second shift, it is easy for me to do this. I've tried drinking water, brushing my teeth and other "tricks" - but I've come to realize that I am genuinely hungry at night and if I don't eat before bed, I will wake up in the middle of the night and poor food choices are made while I'm half asleep. lol. So, I make sure I eat before bed. Cottage cheese, carrots with ranch, almonds, yogurt, etc.

I don't see anything wrong with eating at night - it isn't WHEN you eat, it is WHAT you eat. Eat healthy snacks.
  • matticrew
    Options
    OK
    thank you sooooooooooo muchh