Trader Joe's

Options
What is everyones favorite healthy food from Trader Joe's? I'm planning a trip there tomorrow and need good suggestions!

Replies

• tula23
    tula23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pirates Bootie!!
  • sawalter68
    sawalter68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love the sprouted bread - whole grain. They also carry an amazing guacamole. My kids love the chicken hot dogs. Have fun shopping.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I love their flavored Greek yogurts. About 150 calories, 14g of protein. I also love their cereal and wraps. The tuna wrap and the salmon wrap are delicious and great for a 200 (1 serving) or 400-ish (full wrap) calorie meal with lots of protein.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    The fresh shelled Edamame is awesome. I also love their crumbled goat cheese. It's like $2.99 vs 4-5.99 at the other stores and tasted WAY better.
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options
    Potato and Vegetable Samosas... soo delicious and crispy and good.
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options
    ooh, and also their red pepper spread. it's so delicious with a nice crispy bread.
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    They have stuffed pork chops which are delicious! You can't go wrong with their hummus from what I hear. They have really good snacky things too- hubby loves their kettle corn.

I've never gotten something I didn't like!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I love Trader joes...Love the TJ Natural crunchy Peanut butter...they have a spice mix called 21 seasoning salute with no salt.. love it put it on my salads..
    Low card whole wheat wraps..
    Popcorn made in olive oil
    Flax seed tortilla chips..(just found out for your body to digest flax seeds they have to be ground.... so why arent they grinding them????)))
    Roasted garlic hummus
    Soy Chorizo
    gimmie lean soy sausage
    frozen green beans...

I always try something new everytime i go to the store!!!
  • tiabugg217
    tiabugg217 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas! The one thing I KNOW I'm gonna get is their Baked Eggplant Parmesean. Its about 300 calories for the whole package and SOOOOOO good!
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Almost everything I eat is from Trader Joe's, but two things I can't live without: their bags of light kettle corn (110 calories per bag) and their 45-calorie whole wheat tortillas. Oh- and their red pepper, eggplant, & garlic spread -- I use it on sandwiches and it's 15 calories per tablespoon. :)
  • Seajolly
    Options
    I love Trader joes...Love the TJ Natural crunchy Peanut butter...they have a spice mix called 21 seasoning salute with no salt.. love it put it on my salads..
    Low card whole wheat wraps..
    Popcorn made in olive oil
    Flax seed tortilla chips..(just found out for your body to digest flax seeds they have to be ground.... so why arent they grinding them????)))
    Roasted garlic hummus
    Soy Chorizo
    gimmie lean soy sausage
    frozen green beans...

I always try something new everytime i go to the store!!!

As for the flax... Yes, they do need to be ground for your body to absorb them, but they pass right through you if they aren't ground, which can be good in some ways too for helping to move things through your system.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    We JUST got a Trader Joe's... literally been open maybe two weeks now so I haven't tried a bunch of stuff yet but I did get their brand of pop chips. Tastes the same as actual pop chips but cheaper. They also have an awesome pre-made section. I got chili lime chicken that tasted fantastic.. had it as a meal and added it to salads. They have tons of dried fruit (Mango is my favorite). I got a bunch of not so healthy stuff like individually packed mini bree cheese wheels.... brioche rolls (OMG I <3 brioche)... malt ball cookies... lol. The store was packed when we went so I didn't really spend a whole bunch of time walking up and down the isles as you end up backing everyone else up lol. Next time...
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Just went to TJ's today and picked up something I just have to rave about! The Green Protein juice! A little pricy but delicious and so healthy.
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I usually go to Trader Joe's for junk food. Oops! I like the Spicy California Rolls for that.
  • Midori_i
    Midori_i Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Spicy Chai Latte!! Not healthy, but I just love that stuff. Now that I live in England, I have friends from California send me a couple of boxes every now and then, so I can enjoy a cup and relive my amazing time in San Diego....

And I always used to buy the granola cereal (vanilla almond), and the olive hummus...
  • lcamanda
    lcamanda Posts: 28
    Options
    Painfully addicted to Thompsons raisins. Only $2.29 for a pound! Love the honey wheat pretzels and cherry preserves as well.

...and the wine ;) Not for the taste, just the price.