Food Ideas Breakfast and lunch!! help

Im done eating crap foods!! I need new Ideas!!! Something easy for breakfast because school is starting soon and something to bring for lunch!! Any Ideas are good but what about protien shakes in the morning are they any good?

Replies

• mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    For breakfast I can recommend.

1 part (by weight) brown sugar
    2.5 parts (by weight) rolled oats
    4 parts (by weight) greek yoghurt

Combine in a bowl and mash into a paste, enjoy.

This can be varied almost infinitely according to your wishes....Brown sugar can be substituted with any other sugar you may prefer - or honey - or any flavored or unflavored sirup you prefer. You can even use artificial sweetener if you want to go extra low on calories.
    Rolled oats of different textures (finely rolled, coarsely rolled) may be used to create the texture you want. And the greek yoghurt comes in different fat-% which you can use to adjust calories and/or texture.

It takes about 2 minutes to make and a portion of 150 grams total (about 300 calories - using 2 fat-% greek yoghurt) can keep me going for several hours on an ordinary day (your mileage may vary).
  • momofclaire
    momofclaire Posts: 4 Member
    I am not much of a fan of protein shakes, but I have found the Special K chocolate to be not bad at all if icy cold. I have been having it for breakfast lately. Good Luck!
  • I don't know what kind of daily goals you have as far as carbs and whatnot, but I typically eat half a bagel with a laughing cow wedge in the morning. I also find that eating fresh deli sandwiches for lunch, 1 oz - 1.5 oz of fresh bakery bread and 2 oz - 3oz of meat with a wedge of laughing cow is low in calories and keeps me fuller for a longer period.
  • HappyHealthyHolly
    HappyHealthyHolly Posts: 84 Member
    I'm not a huge fan of protein shakes as meal replacements, plus they're usually full of sugar unless they're homemade. My usual breakfasts that re quick & easy are Oatmeal with any fruit you'd like. I like to do bananas & walnuts, or blueberries. I also make my oatmeal with almond or soy milk to add a little protein. Also, Cheerios aren't too bad on calories, 1 cup for 100 calories. As long as you're using healthy milk ( I use almond milk ) it's a great low cal breakfast. Add a banana or any fruit & it's great! I like to add banana, strawberries & blueberries right into my bowl.

Now for lunch, multiple times a week I have this meal. It's got good fats, lots of veggies & will satisfy you for a good few hours until you could have a snack. Almond Butter & Strawberries with Salad! I like almond butter, but you can use peanut butter just as well. I only use one slice of bread also, but you could use two. I use one tablespoon of almond butter on my bread, which I cut in half instead of fold, and then add strawberries that I've cut in half on top. Add the other half of the bread, and volla! Then I made a salad using Romaine hearts & baby spinach. I add 1-2 tablespoons of Kraft fat free Catalina dressing on top of the lettuce & then add my other toppings. I like to use cut carrots, celery, red & green bell peppers, cut strawberries, blueberries & sunflowers.

Depending on your choice of bread & almond/peanut butter this meal can be slightly high calorie, but I see all of the calories as healthy ones that are worth eating, so I just enjoy! There aren't really many unhealthy fats, & mostly good sugars & my bread is full of fiber! So I think it's a great lunch. Feel free to change up the sandwich & the salad. I'm vegan, so I like the PB & S, but Tuna with lettuce would be great too. And any variety of salad condiments work as well. Make any creation you'd like!