exercises at home?

Options
Hey guys, I can't really go to the gym with a baby and no time, so what are some good exercises to do at home at night? What is a good weight amount for those hand weights? What routines do you suggest to do with them?

Replies

• Nolynoelia20
    Options
    you should def try Jackie's 40 minute circuit total body workout DVD! she's awesome and she even has a 15 mins total body or she breaks them down into 15 mins butt, abs, arms. I just got it almost 2 weeks ago and she kicks my butt. I use only 3 lbs & 5 lbs weights. Good luck
  • Nikki_Gets_Fit
    Nikki_Gets_Fit Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you are from, but the YMCA here has Child Watch that is included in your membership and you can use it for 2 hours a day. When I'm at home, I like to do zumba videos, or if you have a Wii...the Zumba Fitness is a GREAT workout!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred!!! It's the best 10 bucks I've ever spent!
  • reynoldsjo
    Options
    Try jillian michaels 30 day shred it works great and is great to fit in with a baby.... I use 3 pound to start with and worked up from there.......good luck
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Active 2, Zumba or kettle bells.
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Do you have any exercise videos? I would start off with 3lb or 5lb depending on if you have used them before. You can go to Prevention.com and search for workouts there. They have a lot of strength training and will walk you through how to do them. There is a Nike Training app for smartphones that has a lot of workouts you can do anywhere. Some cable companies have On Demand (may be called something else) where you rent movies, there are also free workouts on there under Exercise Tv. Excercise TV is also online, but I am not sure if the workouts are online. Shape.com may have some good exercises too, but I haven't been on their site in awhile.

Good luck.
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred!!! It's the best 10 bucks I've ever spent!

Agree!!!
  • Marietard
    Options
    Great, thanks everyone!