Any other LGBT family here?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm starting this new fitness journey. I am almost 30, 5'8 and weight 268lb. My goal right now is to get rid of the 68, then once that is achieved, work on getting to a goal weight of 175lb. Its going to be a long journey but I think I can do it!

I have an amazing supportive wife and I was curious if there are any other LGBT family in this kind of thing. haha

I'd love any support, and friends that I can get.

Replies

• maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Not LGBT but certainly supportive of happy healthy families, whatever they look like. If you would like to be friends with a fat lady old enough to be your mother, I would love to be friends with you. I've lost about 30 lbs with another 80-100 to go. I eat anything and everything but try to eat reasonably healthy. I' m relatively new to the mfp community and am looking for friends of all ages to provide support to each other. Add me if you would like.
  • CEC225
    CEC225 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am restarting a long fight with weight and need someone to touch base with. I am a Proud Mom of trans man and as an attorney for children I work on a committee to make change for LGBTQ Youth. Hope that qualifies. Lol
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Raising hand here!
  • moonlight_energy
    moonlight_energy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Welcome to MFP. It looks to me that you and I are pretty similar. I am 28, 5'5 and weigh 245 lbs. I am happily married to my lovely wife and eager to get my weight loss journey on a roll. I am currently in search of a weight loss partner if you are interested. If not, it's all good :D. Congratulations on your new beginning and good luck on the journey!
  • moyernikita
    moyernikita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right here girl!!! Me and my fiancé are as well kicking the healthy lifestyle in the butt!
  • hillarifitness
    hillarifitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No im straight as an arrow love
  • ghost_sparrows
    ghost_sparrows Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm looking to lose weight and my girlfriend is trying to gain, it's sure interesting lol! me and you are around the same weight and looking to lose the same so i sent you a request :)
  • thenamessully
    thenamessully Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes! My wife and I are both trying to lose a little weight and just get back into shape. When the apocalypse comes we want to be prepared
  • thenamessully
    thenamessully Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    haha jk but yeah add me back! :)
  • sjack44
    sjack44 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My wonderful son is trans. I'm not sure if that qualifies but feel free to add me if you like :)
  • maggosteen
    maggosteen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’m new here too! I’ve been working on losing weight for the past 9 months with the support of my lovely wife as well :) I’ve lost 12lbs so far and want to lose about 30 more for a goal weight of 125lb (5’3). Hope we can support each other through our journeys!
  • PeteRead69
    PeteRead69 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Team gay here. Feel free to add :-)
  • GrizzlyBear1974
    GrizzlyBear1974 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    cdwkqptpc858.jpg
  • LollipopsandSunshine
    LollipopsandSunshine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @BarcelonaFC87 Hey there, I'm bisexual, and would love to connect with another member of the LGBT+ community! Let's get our pride on and do this together!
  • christy2820
    christy2820 Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Pansexual over here. Feel free to add me!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

My middle child is trans and gay. We're just a couple of months into this crazy adventure, and I couldn't be more proud of him. :)
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    There's an LGBT+ group if you scroll to the bottom of the boards and search. The last time I checked it wasn't super active, though (but it's been a while). I'm not super active chit-chat wise, but feel free to add me if you want more friends. :)

Also, this is one of those threads where it's really hard to tell if people are misunderstanding the 'woo' button or just being mean, haha.
  • daniel_philippe
    daniel_philippe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm gay here. Feel free to add me if you would like! :)
  • ariana0927
    ariana0927 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right here. Hey I'm new to this also feel free to add me I don't know how to add anyone.
  • monicaai14
    monicaai14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lesbian working on finding love for my body (before and) while losing weight. :)