Credit for hard work.....

Options
Sometimes I wish I could get more creit for the hard work I have put into my health and exercise.
So though it is nice to see my lady bug moving down on the weight line ;) It still does not reflect the hard work I wish I could have recieved credit for. Before I had my baby i was an ok weight, then I got pregnant and gained 25 lbs exactly, I worked my butt off while I was pregnant. Anyhoo, after that my husband and I invested in the Insanity workout and we did great!! I couldn't believe that in 2 months I was able to lose all the baby weight and an extra 15lbs. It has been a great feeling. Since then my best friend has become a Figure competitor and looks beautiful. So I now have a whole new idea of health and what I hope to look llike. And though I am so excited to hit the weight that I have been striving for I am also looking for just a wow you look great from loved ones. Of coarse my husband does, he is a wonderful man, but sometimes I feel friends and family dont want to be happy for me. My "best" friend tells me today, "when I saw you the other day, you looked thin, your face looks sunken in". Wow thanks! This from someone who loses so much weight the day before and day of her competitions to look a certain way. (and I think she is gorgeous) I am always full of compliments, And they are truthful. I was taught to find something, anything good about someone to compliment them. But sometimes it feels as though know one else can see the hard work and dedication I have put into what I do. They seem to be so consumed with themselves that they can't come up with anything nice to say.
Funny how people I don't even know weather it be at the gym or just out at the local market have nicer things to say then friends and family at times. Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• Mandakat17
    Mandakat17 Posts: 105
    Options
    I totally feel the same. I don't think anyone except yourself knows exactly how hard you actually work to look like you do!! And you look great by the way. Keep up with the good work. And just remember YOU know how hard you work!!
  • luckyduck768
    luckyduck768 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    But the question you must ask yourself: are you happy with this healthy lifestyle? I know that sometimes people are judgmental (and often don't realize that what they say is hurtful). I just wanted to let you know that I looked at your pics on your profile, and you look GORGEOUS!!! She might just be jealous that you can maintain that whereas she had to starve herself for a day to feel that way. :)
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel the same as you do sometimes. You look great! Sometimes people cannot see past themselves and their own little world to see what someone else has accomplished. Some of my family is negative to me and says I'm starting to look bad in the face but I choose to listen to my wonderful mother and other folks who tell me how good I look. You do the same and keep up the good work =-)
  • RockHardAngel_777
    Options
    Already put a smile on my face. Thank you so much!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It sounds like maybe your friend feels kind of hollow inside because she lives for these competitions and maybe she doesn't want you to be led into the trap that just because she is "gorgeous" everything is great. Or maybe she is a little worried about the competition you are giving her! You will never find satisfaction in what others say. You need to be content with what you do. If you are always trying to please other people you will never be happy.
    I've gotten compliments on my weight loss all summer but I was stalled for 2 months because I drank lots of beer and ate junk. I didn't gain because I was still working out...but I knew that these compliments weren't telling me the truth.
    You know what the truth is. Be honest with yourself and give yourself a pat on the back!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!