need beach easy recipes

Options
phawley13
phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
I am going to the beach on saturday, and I want to bring something that isn't just a plain old sandwich. Please if you have anything that can be put in a cooler and tastes great please post.

Replies

• calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    cold chicken.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    BUMP Because I am going to the lake on Sat and need some ideas too!!!
  • rwetzel319
    Options
    i like to bring fruit to the beach. also a yogurt can be really tasty. both snacks are refreshing while in the heat of the sun and are good for you. you could try bringing some hard boiled eggs. also you could pack some chicken, cut it up into strips and pack it in some tuperware for easy eating :)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I am always making cold food to take out on the boat with us so here are some ideas:

hollow out a small plum tomatos and fill them with chicken salad or crab salad keep in fridge over night then in your cooler for the beach its very yummy and you are not getting the bread that you would from a sandwhich. try them

if you like Tuna or chicken salad I make Cucumber boats.

Cut the cucumber in half LONG ways and hollow it out, keep the tuna or chicken salad in a bowl in your cooler and when ready just scoop it out onto the cucumber and eat it...its very good!!!

I also bring LOTS of fresh fruit with a strawberry lowfat yougurt to use for dipping. and I LOVE FORZEN GRAPES YUMMY

celery and PB for quick snacks , carrot sticks and laughing cow cheese wedge is good to. I alos like to bring string cheese and grape tomatoes as snacks. You can cut up the string cheese in chunks, throw in some greape tomatoes and a few green olives in a bowl pour on a little fat free itailan dressing and let them sit over night in the fridge then eat as a snack with a toothpick its very tasty too ! I also make melon balls from every melon I can find put them all togethar in a container and freeze the night before, (now when I take them I also pour Malibu Melon on them ) anyway and then pop them in your cooler the next morning, they stay nice and cold and all the different melon juice make them taste very good and its very refreshing on a hit day, if you have kids they will LOVE them ! I use skewers and put several on a stick !
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, sugar snap peas with hummus, blueberries.
  • Sbmtx
    Sbmtx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We always pack a cooler for the beach that includes:
    PB&J on whole wheat bread
    Deli Sliced Turkey rolled up with Deli Sliced Cheese
    Fresh Fruit - Oranges, Apples, Grapes and Watermelon
    Pretzel Sticks
    Bottled Water
    These all seem to be popular with the adults and kids. Keep well in a cooler all day. Are easy to eat without plates or utensils.
  • phawley13
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far, definitely some good looking things
  • phawley13
    Options
    could use some more ideas... anyone?
  • shlyab
    shlyab Posts: 8
    Options
    Wraps are always easy and tasty. They have many kinds and you can use whatever kind of lunchmeat, veggies, and a little ranch dressing is a hit with my family. made ahead and cut into small rounds for a quick snack.
  • sdechantal
    sdechantal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh what a great idea - cucumber boats!!!! I am all over that!
  • kissandxmakeup
    Options
    bump bump bump! love cucumber boats!!!!
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I often make or buy some kind of cold pasta salad. Also cheese strings are good to take too.