How do you get rid of the stinky farts caused by veggies?

The only way that I can manage my calories is by adding vegetables to my diet, but they cause a lot of gas and stinky farts. Recently I added yogurt to my diet which helps a little bit with the smell, but not a lot. I know most of you have veggies in your diet. Do you live with it or found a way to eliminate the smell.

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I mean, farts smell. Here's some info on what foods make farts smellier: https://www.thrillist.com/health/nation/why-do-my-farts-smell-so-bad.

If you are concerned that you have excess gas or distress over it that much, you might visit with your doctor.

Otherwise, I mean, everybody farts so just fart.
  • raccoonbhm
    raccoonbhm Posts: 5 Member
    Bean-O if you are really that concerned especially at work.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Sometimes new foods will trigger excess smell, but your body slowly adapts. Have u tried taking Beano with your meal that is causing the gas for a week.

Or gas x after?

Uncooked black beans from a can will wreck havoc on my system if I haven't eaten them in months. However if I have been eating them frequently it isn't a problem.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    You don't actually. If you consume vegetables regularly, your biome will adapt to efficiently use the fiber in your food. Maybe that will change something.

I've historically had a case of stinky after those rare occasions of consuming asparagus. In the last few months I've added asparagus to my food more often and I don't any longer notice the stinky.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Beano if there is something in particular causing it. I wouldn’t want to be taking beano every time I eat a vegetable though. Farts just smell... maybe it will just take your digestive system some time to more efficiently break these things down, I don’t know. I wouldn’t worry about it though.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Your gut bacterial will change over time and it will deminish.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Beano!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Some vegetables (and food in general) are more smelly than others.

For gas I use simethicone (gas x)
  • xFreudianSlip
    xFreudianSlip Posts: 45 Member
    Just let em rip
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Claim it! Be proud!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    embrace it lol
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Better out than in :D
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,342 Member
    Yeah, it might be embarrassing, but you won't hurt anyone.

You guys, Beano is expensive! Like $5 for 30 of them.