Fitbit not syncing

Options
Is anyone else's fitbit steps not syncing? This has been happening for a week now and its super frustrating....Is there a fix anyone is aware of?

Replies

• cryssloves
    cryssloves Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    yep just started for me. its showing 3,000+ out of more than 10,000
  • lizhall3
    lizhall3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! Very frustrating!!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I checked the support center. It's a known issue. At least MFP is syncing to Fitbit.
  • lizhall3
    lizhall3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't get MFP to sync to my fitbit :(
  • DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't syncing either.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I just entered my exercise into MFP manually. I aint messing with it lol
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    A check of MFP Help/FAQ indicates it is a known intermittent issue today.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2937167-fitbit-interruptions-
  • neversaynever_43
    neversaynever_43 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    A check of MFP Help/FAQ indicates it is a known intermittent issue today.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2937167-fitbit-interruptions-

this happens way too often anymore

I made that comment a few months ago and a poster sort of chastised me for it. Haha. I was like - ok?
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Same here and I agree it seems to happen often :|
  • winter_willows
    winter_willows Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't either :/
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Seems like the only way to sync the steps is to revoke access from Fitbit then connect it again. This will only update the steps once. Anytime you get more steps and want that to be reflected this needs to be repeated again,

I hope they fix this soon.
  • MLBinVA
    MLBinVA Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is a PITA, I revoked / deleted from both sides and redid the connection but it's still not working reliably. It synced to what I had earlier but isn't pulling updates again. Do you have to revoke and reconnect every time you want to sync?
  • MLBinVA
    MLBinVA Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry missed the post above, but it appears we have same issue. Reliability like this will drive me away from MFP very quickly...
  • pierce304
    pierce304 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree. This kind of technical glitch that becomes a regular thing will motivate me to find a new food diary app.
  • HollyPFlax
    HollyPFlax Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine has synced twice since last night, but won't do it consistently. I'm currently 4,000 steps behind on myfitnesspal. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't syncing either
  • 502Monica
    502Monica Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I get soooooo salty whenever this doesn't work haha
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    MLBinVA wrote: »
    Sorry missed the post above, but it appears we have same issue. Reliability like this will drive me away from MFP very quickly...

Don't let a fitbit issue do that. I would recommend eating to your target and then looking at your fitbit to see how close you are to your general average in steps and adjust from there.

Even if I gave up my fitness tracker, MFP is too good of a tool to not use. If you generally do 5000 steps per day and some cardio, go back and figure what that usually does to your calories and do the same thing. Do you have enough data to live with that? Even if you don't, you can still accurately track your intake - and your fitbit can give you a rough estimate of overall calories burned. Compare your data.

MFP itself is still the best tool out there for tracking.