Went to the movie WITHOUT eating popcorn!!!

Options
Yea!! I took my daughter to see the new "Confessions of a Shopaholic" movie today and was kind of anxious about it...to me movies mean big tubs of popcorn and a gallon of diet coke and maybe some Milk Duds. I packed some grapes and carrots and got a small diet coke. No problem at all. (it did smell really good though).

Replies

• tysyry
    tysyry Posts: 30
    Options
    Yea!! I took my daughter to see the new "Confessions of a Shopaholic" movie today and was kind of anxious about it...to me movies mean big tubs of popcorn and a gallon of diet coke and maybe some Milk Duds. I packed some grapes and carrots and got a small diet coke. No problem at all. (it did smell really good though).
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm...movie popcorn. Yum. Good job on taking an alternative snack!
  • tysyry
    Options
    Yes and it was free......I was a little criminal sneaking it all in with my big purse!!! HAHA
  • happenstance82
    Options
    You did awesome! I'm not so sure I would have been able to resist movie popcorn.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    actually the popcorn without adding butter is better for you than the diet coke

movies aremade for popcorn
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    well done you! :drinker:

i sometimes bring a lollipop ( chubba chubbs - WW 1 point - not sure of the cals)

and a diet coke/7up

it can be hard but so worth it when i have really used my will power! :blushing:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I always feel like a criminal when I sneak stuff into the movies... Then I look at the prices they charge for popcorn-my healthy snacks don't feel so illegal then...:noway:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Ooooh that movie looks so good! How was it?
  • tysyry
    Options
    The movie was very good...lot of cute clothes for me to dream about being skinny enough to fit into. Had some great funny scenes and some romantic ones as well.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    We have to be good stewarts of our money...I sneak snacks in too=)
    I have a salt restriction so I like to airpop popcorn and take it in with me. I bodly cary my 32oz water in too.
  • chelseachick
    Options
    i live dangerously as well and sneak in my homemade popcorn and water. good for you for resisting!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You two are sooooooo much braver than I am... Maybe I'll have to start a life of crime and sneak in my own popcorn, too. Peer pressure!!! Peer pressure!!! I don't think I can handle all of it!!!:bigsmile:
  • tysyry
    Options
    I have never been brave enough to attempt popcorn!! HAHA. It sure felt good to walk on by that refreshment counter and not give them all my money!!!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    You two are sooooooo much braver than I am... Maybe I'll have to start a life of crime and sneak in my own popcorn, too. Peer pressure!!! Peer pressure!!! I don't think I can handle all of it!!!:bigsmile:

rofl:laugh: just do it!
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Good for you!!! Setting a great example for your family to follow!! Tell that big buttery popcorn to take a hike!! :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is so great, I don't know if I would be brave enough to do that. Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!