I lost 45 pounds by following an intuitive eating lifestyle

Options
Hello group!

Since giving birth to my son about 8 months ago I have been focusing on intuitive eating. I have lost the 40 pounds I gained during pregnancy plus more! I educated myself on nutrition so I know what kind of healthy choices to make and I have been able to stick to this because I am simply not over complicating things anymore. I do enjoy pizza, candy and or wine on occasion if I feel like I want it. I workout for 23 a minutes a day, 6 days a week. I personally enjoy running so on occasion I will add in a run in place of my workout or sometimes in addition to it if I feel like it. I have allowed my body to lead me to health and it feels so good. I just wanted to share something that is working for me and gives me the freedom I have been searching for.If you need a buddy or want some more information on the details of what I do, please reach out :)

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!

Intuitive eating can be such a struggle. I hope to get to where you are soon! I'm very close to reaching my goal and I'd like to be able to maintain without calorie counting.
  • happyfulfillment
    happyfulfillment Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Intrigued. I know my body / intuition / God often pulls me to things that are good for me.Even supplements or foods or activities or exercises I didn't know anything about, so I am very interested in your experience!

Thanks for sharing.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    While I'm intuitive about some things, eating is not one of them. Glad it has worked for you! Congrats on the loss so far!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the 23 minutes is like a HIIT workout, or a Beachbody type thing
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the 23 minutes is like a HIIT workout, or a Beachbody type thing

I'm wondering this too. And it would explain why OP asked to be contacted for more details. That's a red flag that there's a sales pitch coming at some point.

ETA: Also she only has 2 comments under her name and is already offering to tell people how she's having success with a system that's not part of the community she's posting in. And she hasn't come back to answer any questions indicting that she's not actually interesting in telling her story to the group but wants to be contacted privately. Separate the newbies from the rest of the group. Classic prospecting for leads.

good point - I ignored the typical signs
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    rj0150684 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity...why 23 minutes of exercise? Just seems like such a random amount of time.

...becsuse it's more than 20 but less than 25 :D
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    My life was made up of eating intuitively and intuitively sitting and watching tv. Didn't work out so great for me.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I didn’t get the intuition gene. Glad some are happy with what works for them.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    rj0150684 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity...why 23 minutes of exercise? Just seems like such a random amount of time.

...becsuse it's more than 20 but less than 25 :D
    Seven
    Minute
    Abs
  • happyfulfillment
    happyfulfillment Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    following CICO and regularly logging my food

CICO? Calories in Calories out? Deficit?
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Congrats, that's awesome!

Intuitive eating can be such a struggle. I hope to get to where you are soon! I'm very close to reaching my goal and I'd like to be able to maintain without calorie counting.

That is a big goal of me. With intuitive eating they say that your body was naturally meant to be a certain weight so by listening to your hunger cues, eating only when hungry and eating until you are satisfied will automatically lead to weight loss/maintenance.
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i can maintain and eat (mostly) intuitively but to lose? aint no way in hell.

i ate intuitively for most of my life and blew up to 280 pounds. lolololol

So you ate until full and only when hungry?