Any pescetarians on here?

Options
Or am I the only one? lol. For those who don't know, pescetarians are basically vegetarians, they will eat fish but no other type of meat.

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i clicked on this thinking i was going to read something about religion but so not the case

i only eat poultry. does that count?
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i am a pescetarian!! feel so much better since i got back on fish from years of being vegan. but i also got back into dairy.
  • allenpearcy
    allenpearcy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Me too - for 16 years! I tried being a vegan for the first year. However, Indiana is a really difficult place (especially at that time) to be a full veggie, so I starting eating fish. More recently, I also eat eggs - especially in the last 10 months since I really kicked up the cardio.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'm an omnivore as per my design as a human so I'm don't know about the whole only eating fish or chicken and trying to be a herbivore thing.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I cut out meat mainly because I don't really eat it unless its a last resort. I am never really around it, I work so much I'm on the go. I'd rather get my protein from tofu or fish. I do like chicken tho, I'll miss that but then again they have tofu chicken. I can use that to make my indian food. lol
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When I was a vegetarian, I was a pisco-vegetarian. So you might say I'm a has-been-piscatarian. Couldn't keep enough protein or aminos in my system, so I fell soundly off the meat wagon. But even now, I eat fishy at least 2-3 times weekly, often more, and will still more frequently gravitate toward the pisca side of the menu and not so much the carne or the pollo. And it's not even so much a health thing, I just love fish! Being in Arkansas, tasty fish is an integral part of our culture, especially the catching and eating of the Most Holy Catfish and the Delightfully Zen Trout. Toss a charcoal grill into the mix, and you're talking some good eats and good times!

Pj
  • KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    Fellow pescetarian here, although since I live in the desert, I'm more of a vegetarian these days!

Going pescetarian was actually the first step in a healthier lifestyle for myself about 10 years ago -- I never liked the taste of "land animals", and would smother chicken/steak/anything else in ranch dressing -- so incredibly unhealthy! I finally decided to just cut out the meats I didn't like, which ultimately left me with just fish =)
  • trappersdelight
    Options
    I became pescatarian in October. I am loving it.
  • DrewD2011
    DrewD2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For the last 26 months...seems to be working...not a philosophy thing...just feel too damn good to go back to my big meaty ways!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I need recipes and friends who understand me. lol
  • trappersdelight
    Options
    How many calories do you guys think these are if I ate 2?

Baked Vegetable Samosas
    Adapted from The Colors of Indian Cooking

Ingredients:
    2 medium sized yellow potatoes
    2 tbs. oil
    1 tsp. mustard seeds
    1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
    1 onion, chopped
    1 green chili, finely chopped
    1 tsp. coriander powder
    Salt, to taste
    1/2 cup green peas, frozen or defrosted
    1/4 tsp. garam masala
    1 tsp. lemon juice
    10 egg roll wrappers, room temperature

Directions:
    1. Boil potatoes until tender, about 20-30 minutes. Drain pan and mash potatoes with a fork.

2. Heat oil in a large skillet or deep pan (use pan so that "popping" mustard seeds can't fly out) over high heat. When oil is hot, add mustard and cumin seeds. When mustard seeds begin to "pop" add onion, chili, coriander powder, salt and peas. Mix in the potatoes, garam masala and lemon juice. Set aside.

3. Preheat oven to 350. Cut egg roll wrappers diagonally in half, to make triangles. Get a small bowl of room temperature water. Brush edges of wrapper with water. Place about 2 tbs. of potato mixture in center of triangle (want it to be "full" but not overflowing). Fold over triangle so all edges are touching. Seal together with fingers or fork and set on greased baking sheet. Fill all wrappers with mixture.

4. Brush tops of samosas lightly with beaten egg, melted butter or cooking spray. Place in oven for about 8 minutes, then flip and bake for additional 10 minutes until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    thanks for that recipe!! ur a life savor.