going over on my calories on purpose

Options
I am going over my cals on purpose to get a change going...have hit a plateu...anyone know if going over is better with protein or carbs? or does it matter?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I am going over my cals on purpose to get a change going...have hit a plateu...anyone know if going over is better with protein or carbs? or does it matter?
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    me too, have hit 1700 calories today as i was eating 1300 for the last 2 weeks and i have gained weight, need to shake it up a little! lol

:drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    can we just have lke three dark chocolate bars? make it enjoyable? or 4 even..throw in some caramel?
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit a plateau yet... But adding the calories sounds like fun!!!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I added today..I havent lost at all this week.. I added the bad way tho....with a tall starbucks...mmm..
  • réalta
    Options
    yum chocolate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :blushing:
  • Julie837
    Options
    My guess is that protein is better because it stays in the stomach longer, and it's easier to control. If I started eating extra potatoes, pasta, or whatever, I'll bet I would pack it on real quick. However, if it works for you (adding extra calories and losing) make sure you tell everyone!! I want to try it!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Does that really work?
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I have done this every few weeks, quite consistently, going over my maintenance level calories by a few hundred. Only for one day, mind you.:wink:

Yes Lolly.....it does work.:flowerforyou:

Have some chocolate for me Dave!!:drinker:
  • réalta
    Options
    exactly. only for the one day and only on occasion

i wish i could do it everyday! lol but then i would be back to square one! lol :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I have done this every few weeks, quite consistently, going over my maintenance level calories by a few hundred. Only for one day, mind you.:wink:

Yes Lolly.....it does work.:flowerforyou:

Have some chocolate for me Dave!!:drinker:

OKEE DOKEE.....Soup says have chocolate and chocolate it SHALL BE!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. You need to add more. I think we need more calories than they give us. I am always moving and 1200 no way cuts it for me. Eat more it works, CRAZY HUH! More good stuff for you that is....

Alisha
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I vote Protein. Makes you feel fuller, longer, gives you more energy, and helps you build muscle mass as you lose the fat.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I agree..go over. I do about 1-2 times a week. This is when I start to lose and feel better too!!!

I also stay very active.....makes the extra calories feel useful:tongue:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    this is so dog gone perfect! eating chocolate..it is starting to rain...a bit chilly and I know there is some hot chocolate in the cubbard calling me..>DAve...have some hot chocolate..it is raining....enjoy
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    this is so dog gone perfect! eating chocolate..it is starting to rain...a bit chilly and I know there is some hot chocolate in the cubbard calling me..>DAve...have some hot chocolate..it is raining....enjoy

I have cocoa every night, cocoa powder is excellent for you and you can add a little dark chocolate in after you warm it up. (melted chocolate... yummy...)

I'm also a fan of switching things up w/ your calories! It works!

Jess