Pregnant & new here :)

Options
Hi all,
I'm 15 weeks pregnant & new to the site. I've been following a moderately low-carb diet since my 10th week of pregnancy due to me gaining an unhealthy amount of weight, too fast, in my first trimester. I've also been taking daily long walks with my two chidren (both under the age of 3) with my youngest in a carrier for an extra workout. I don'want to restrict my calories too much while being preggo (I cheated today though) but the small changes I've made so far seem to be working because I've lost 12 lbs!
I am looking to meet other like-minded adults who can support me & hold me accountable for my actions & I would love to support anyone who needs my support. Any other pregnant ladies out there? If so, how far along are you and what is your fitness plan before/after baby?

Replies

• kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Congrats on the baby! you're going to find tons of support here & there are lots of expecting moms ;) goodluck!
  • sarah829522
    Options
    I would look at the Babyfit site by sparkpeople. You neeed to make sure you're eating enough and healthfully. That site has meal plans and workouts designed for you when you're pregnant. Congrats and here's to a healthy and happy baby!
  • sylvansuede
    Options
    I am 19 weeks pregnant (also due in January), I started this when i was about 12 weeks pregnant and starting to have complications. I have been over weight most my life and obese for at least 8 years. I have been working out regularly and eating when i am hungry and traking what i eat. I have lost 6 pounds since i started (which i got in trouble for my by ob/gyn yesterday, since baby and fluids should have gained about 6 pounds since my last visit not lost that much). I recommend that following your caleries and dont feel bad if you go over by 300 calories a day, that is the recommended calories required for healthy baby growth. Good luck with the exerices and good luck with baby.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations!!
  • urbanhousewife
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! I blew today off because I really needed a day off after 5 weeks but I'll be back on track tomorrow. Sorry to hear about your doctor's reaction Sylvansuede... my doctor hasn't complained but it doesn't mean she approves... I just don't really know how she feels. I'm drinking as much water as possible just in case I'm spilling any ketones... I hope I'm not. I refuse to eat as unhealthily as I was eating in the beginning just to gain weight. Many of the aches and pains I was experiencing have all but disappeared and I have so much more energy now... I suspect that I had been having reactive hypoglycemia episodes from all of the soda I had been drinking....blech. I almost passed out during my glucose test a for my last pregnancy because of a hypoglycemic episode.