Need some good recipes for suffer of GERD

Options
jakkis
jakkis Posts: 5
I have GERD or acid reflux most call it. I need to find some good healthy recipes that I can do and use. Thanks.

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I have GERD or acid reflux most call it. I need to find some good healthy recipes that I can do and use. Thanks.

I had to do a quick Google search, but this might be a good place to start:

http://www.drgourmet.com/gerd/gerdrecipes.shtml
  • goldnanoparticle
    goldnanoparticle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have GERD as well. I found that with the right medication (I currently use Aciphex), I can eat just about any food. However, if it's high on spices or grease, the reflux starts to act up.
  • jakkis
    jakkis Posts: 5
    Options
    Doctor put me on dexilant cause stomach and esophagus inflamed. Yeah greasy spicy foods out of question right now
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    I have a epigastric stomach ulcer that start out as just GERD symptoms. I stay away away from all citrus based foods and tomato based products. It's pretty tough! I am currently working on giving up coffee because I notice that seems to aggravate symptoms as well. Dairy products seem to be helpful in my diet (although they counter-act my meds so I have to time theme carefully). It's really a learning situation. Keeping a food journal will definitely help you help. Write down when your GERD is at it's worst and you can look back at what you ate during that time period. It has taken me close to three years to adjust my dietary needs to what is best for not just weight-loss but also my digestive tract!