Can not stop eating

Options
Stopped drinking alcohol for health reasons and replacing it with food, goodbye hard work and hello stomach

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You might have a desire to eat and eat, but you can also have a desire to not eat. Ultimately it's your decision.
  • curves198218
    curves198218 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's like a strong compulsion but going to end up not fitting in my jeans at this rate
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you might have some emotional work to do. Have you identified your triggers?
  • Aaa_yyy
    Aaa_yyy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes I struggle with the same. I still struggle but manage it by staying very active... I guess it is different for everyone but I was personally able to control it best when I minimized carbs (and absolutely stopped eating any processed carbs flour, sugar, etc). This was not too hard to follow once I got used to it and it stopped too much overeating because most of the foods I craved were carb-based.

Usually I would have eggs + cheese for breakfast, salad with protein like chicken or shrimp for lunch, and protein (fish, chicken, beef, lamb) with veggies for dinner.

Getting into that routine was really hard the first week or so but after that I found that my cravings were reduced a lot.
  • Aaa_yyy
    Options
    It sounds like you might have some emotional work to do. Have you identified your triggers?

I’m not sure about the original poster but for me for sure any stress (work or family) or any relationship insecurity really triggers it for me.
  • Aaa_yyy
    Options
    Stopped drinking alcohol for health reasons and replacing it with food, goodbye hard work and hello stomach

Also—- one other idea. I make green tea and different herbal teas and cool them then keep them in the fridge to drink when I want something other than water. Hibiscus tea works well, mint is good too... you can experiment and find your favorites.

I don’t drink but if I am in a social setting I have sparkling water with lemon or lime which makes a good substitute with very low calories.

• curves198218
    curves198218 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mental health poor so yes food is like comfort. Not good. I remember I used to go weak if I didn't eat years ago. Nothing came back from blood test. I think also I subconsciously eat to keep energy and mood up, but obviously because I'm probably consuming too many cals, it's showing on stomach. I don't want perfect stomach, just one with less fat on, however if I lose weight it comes off face etc, I can't win really lol. However must get better control because I will just continue gaining