Quick Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• margaretlondon87
    margaretlondon87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been liking the Jimmy Dean frittatas. They are frozen and take 1 min 40 seconds to heat up. I throw them in a shallow container and eat on the way to work. They aren't greasy so I just use my hands.
    Another option is ready to drink protein shakes or protein bar and a banana, but a hot breakfast just feels more satisfying.
  • BirdyInIowa
    BirdyInIowa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs. Jerkey. I like to make a big batch of pumpkin steel cut oats at the beginning of the week too!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My husband has breakfast at 4am before commuting for almost an hour. He has a Jimmy Dean's breakfast sandwich or evol breakfast burrito.. Either of these could be made from scratch in advance.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest making it as easy on yourself as possible. There are some great ideas in here for foods you can make ahead of time and then grab each morning and also for quick breakfasts to cook. If you don't think you'll end up doing that though, then it may be better at this time to rely on convenience foods like ready made breakfast sandwiches or even meal replacement shakes (if you find them filling enough). You could add something else easy like a banana to taste a little freshness. ;) For a few months, I had a 32 mile commute. It wasn't that bad though bc it was a scenic route on mostly empty highway. Most days I ate a Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich during the drive. I could've assembled one myself in almost the same time and personalized it more to my tastes. But I found it easier at the time just to buy a large box of them, microwave it while getting ready, then wrap in foil to keep it hot. I'd start eating about 15 min into the drive when my appetite would finally wake up a little.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have an hour and a half commute (quite early) so I have to take breakfast with me and eat it at work ... overnight oats (with fruit, natural yoghurt, nut milk, seeds, nuts etc) is good, or I make protein pancakes, take them in, heat up at work, and dump a load of berries and yoghurts on them. Also you could make a wrap of some kind (I keep meaning to do this but keep forgetting!) - some I reckon some roast chicken, refried beans would be pretty good in a wrap.
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I prep my breakfast the evening before...1 piece of ryebread with butter and boiled egg, 1 piece of rough bread with butter and ham (350 kcal in total, 20ish g of prot) and I'm full until lunch